Widbrook Grange
US$102
The Polebarn(Trowbridge)
US$113
TripAdvisor
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel(Trowbridge)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$96
US$84
All reviewsswimming poolthe main housegin tastingconverted stablesgin barstable blockcanal towpathlovely groundsfamily roomdinner menuenjoyable staysurrounding areastayed for one nightcountry househuge bedtwo night stayrelaxed atmosphere
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Myself and my wife stayed at the hotel on the 4th of July for one night.

We have stayed here before when we have visited Bath and we always find the hotel a pleasure to visit.

Our room in the main building was clean and comfortable.

We didn't have dinner at the hotel on this occasion but dined at the Boathouse pub opposite the hotel. This is set by the marina where you can watch narrow boats.

There are good local walks especially along the canal.

Paid separately for breakfast as this was not included in out package which we didn't book directly.

Whilst very nice some people might find the price tag a little high!

Would always recommend Widbrook Grange. Polite friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had are wedding there on the 21st of June this year.the hotel room was amazing and the hotel was also very lovely, the staff were very attentive and we had a dining room separate to the rest of the hotel which made it very personal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of having a small wedding as it was the best day of our lives. I cannot fault the Widbrook Grange other than one thing, we requested to have our own champagne to drink with our canapés if we paid a corkage fee on each bottle normally you would expect around 3 pounds per bottle but they said the cost would be 15 pounds per bottle which is very steep for corkage! Other than that it was unfaltering. Thanks to all at the widbrook ☺

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mavis2698
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We did not stay in the Hotel, so my ratings are based on the Restaurant only and I have added average reviews for the hotel as I am unable to comment. My wife and I wanted to eat somewhere special with our three daughters, the eldest of whom was getting married the next day. We read the reviews on TA and decided this was the place of that special meal. It was the very warm evening of 17th July and we decided to have a few drinks outside before proceeding through to the restaurant for dinner. The service was excellent whilst we ordered a bottle of Champagne, and then we were all seated in the lovely restaurant, where the tables were all beautifully laid. The night we were there, only a few people were in so it was difficult to judge what the atmosphere would be like when a bit fuller, but it was quite quiet.

The food though, wow!! - what can I say. It was absolutely excellent, the cuisine sublime, the presentation superb, and the service and timing between courses perfect. We all really enjoyed what we had individually chosen. It was quite expensive at around £50 per head with wine, but no more than I had expected for that special meal. It did what it was supposed to do for us, which was to make a memorable evening for my eldest daughter's last night as a single woman!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Julyan B
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I have just enjoyed a wonderful wedding here. The staff are very helpful and friendly and we had a delightful buffet reception. An excellent venue for a small wedding. And an added bonus - hot, sunny weather. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank catwalkTrowbridge
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Enjoyed a 2 night stay. Huge and comfy bed, spacious and well equipped bedroom set in converted stable block. Meals of good quality and friendly staff offering good service. This is the ideal place to stay if you want to explore Bath and surrounding area without having to stay in Bath itself. Set in tranquil surroundings, you get a real sense of being tucked away yet only have to travel a short distance for sightseeing. Wouldn't envisage this as a "lively" hotel by any means but absolutely perfect for couples or anybody wanting a relaxing and peaceful break.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple