“Charming Hotel”
Review of Widbrook Grange

Widbrook Grange
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a very good hotel for a car club - we stayed 3 nights. The atmosphere was very intimate and there was plenty of parking places for the cars. The had an excellent field for carrying out our tame driving tests and it is situated in an excellent location for rallies around the Mendips, Wells, Bath and Bradford upon Avon. We took a boat trip on a narrow boat across the viaduct which was great fun. Bradford-upon Avon is lovely to wander around. The service was excellent but the food was a bit mixed in standard. We also ate at the Boathouse which is owned by the Hotel and thought that the food was better here. The breakfasts were delicious so all in all a good place to stay. It has recently come under new ownership and they are trying hard to please. Some of the bathrooms are a bit tired looking but the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms are generally spacious and we had one on the first floor in the main house.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Lee N, Manager at Widbrook Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it was a pleasure to have your car club stay with us. Your cars made a fine addition to the car park. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at Widbrook Grange, and Bradford on Avon. We all hope to welcome you back again in the not to distant future.

There are newer reviews for Widbrook Grange

Reviewed 26 August 2014

very friendly staff nice building in nice gardens pool was very good changing rooms need updating very comfy bed food was ok breakfast also ok plenty of choice fantastic staff overall a very good place to stay easy walk to Bradford on avon along the canal

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Darren,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip advisor, we really appreciate your views and feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us at Widbrook and very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Attended a wedding 19/08/14 at the widbrook grange. Wonderful food and superb service. This place is trying to build up a reputation as it's not well represented via google search. We were only a party of 12 but would like to recommend them to any prospective couples looking for a venue. Clair Morris, the weddings and events coordinator, and her team were a pleasure to meet. Thanks to all for making the day memorable !

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here as a surprise 60th birthday treat from my daughter, sister and friends. It is situated just outside Bradford on Avon and you could easily walk there if you wanted to. I was upgraded to a ground floor room in an annex, which was just as well as my daughter and sister had one in another block which was up some quite steep steps. My friend and I didn't want to be climbing those after a few glasses of wine.
My room had been newly refurbished and was lovely. Large, two comfy beds and a settee. The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower on one side and bath on the other. The toilet and sink were in between. I guess it was done with the disabled in mind. Very clean and nicely furnished. The other room we had was just as nice though not quite as large.
Breakfast was very nice with a good selection of serials, juices, fruit, yoghurt, and cooked. The staff were all very pleasant and friendly.
Overall I would most certainly stay here again.

1  Thank Esemkay
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Myself and my wife stayed at the hotel on the 4th of July for one night.

We have stayed here before when we have visited Bath and we always find the hotel a pleasure to visit.

Our room in the main building was clean and comfortable.

We didn't have dinner at the hotel on this occasion but dined at the Boathouse pub opposite the hotel. This is set by the marina where you can watch narrow boats.

There are good local walks especially along the canal.

Paid separately for breakfast as this was not included in out package which we didn't book directly.

Whilst very nice some people might find the price tag a little high!

Would always recommend Widbrook Grange. Polite friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had are wedding there on the 21st of June this year.the hotel room was amazing and the hotel was also very lovely, the staff were very attentive and we had a dining room separate to the rest of the hotel which made it very personal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of having a small wedding as it was the best day of our lives. I cannot fault the Widbrook Grange other than one thing, we requested to have our own champagne to drink with our canapés if we paid a corkage fee on each bottle normally you would expect around 3 pounds per bottle but they said the cost would be 15 pounds per bottle which is very steep for corkage! Other than that it was unfaltering. Thanks to all at the widbrook ☺

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mavis2698
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We did not stay in the Hotel, so my ratings are based on the Restaurant only and I have added average reviews for the hotel as I am unable to comment. My wife and I wanted to eat somewhere special with our three daughters, the eldest of whom was getting married the next day. We read the reviews on TA and decided this was the place of that special meal. It was the very warm evening of 17th July and we decided to have a few drinks outside before proceeding through to the restaurant for dinner. The service was excellent whilst we ordered a bottle of Champagne, and then we were all seated in the lovely restaurant, where the tables were all beautifully laid. The night we were there, only a few people were in so it was difficult to judge what the atmosphere would be like when a bit fuller, but it was quite quiet.

The food though, wow!! - what can I say. It was absolutely excellent, the cuisine sublime, the presentation superb, and the service and timing between courses perfect. We all really enjoyed what we had individually chosen. It was quite expensive at around £50 per head with wine, but no more than I had expected for that special meal. It did what it was supposed to do for us, which was to make a memorable evening for my eldest daughter's last night as a single woman!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Julyan B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Woolley Grange
#5 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Lucknam Park
Lucknam Park
#1 of 1 in Colerne

Been to Widbrook Grange? Share your experiences!