The Beeches Farmhouse
The Polebarn(Trowbridge)
  • Restaurant
Church Farm(Bradford-on-Avon)
  • Pool
All reviewsgames roommilking shedpotatoescart housefresh fruitlittle extrasanimal loversshetland poniesfarm animalsbottled waterlovely placebiscuitsself cateringwarm welcomeplay areathe main houseeach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My niece and I stayed for two nights and had a lovely time. This place is in a lovely setting with a charming English country garden. Our room was spacious and clean, the location convenient and quiet and just a short few minutes drive to charming Bradford upon Avon. The breakfast selection was good - my niece loved her waffles and I enjoyed my fully cooked brekkie.. Warning: the breakfast portion sizes are very generous so the 'hearty breakfast size" option is not for the faint hearted nor small of stomach! :-)

Oh, and if you're looking for a spot for dinner the Castle Inn is super friendly at the top of the hill in BuA with a great pub menu and nice family atmosphere.

Will be recommending The Beeches to my friends and family. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent 3 nights at The Beeches Farmhouse & Pig Wig Cottages. The cottages are set in a farmyard and are pleasant enough.

The bathroom does look a bit "tired " though and could do with a make over (paint peeling on the ceiling etc) and the decor is a bit the same, however the place is comfortable and clean.

It is out of Bradford, so you either need a car or it's a we walk (not on the road though). The distance, while not an issue for us with a car needs to be consider when booking especially if you are going out for meals at night.

Breakfast is generous.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank stylezee
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were at The Beeches for two enjoyable nights. The farm and the area reminded us of Tuscany but the plumbing was infinitely better........;=) Our hostess prepared us delicious breakfast meals and catered to our needs with a smile, offering advice on a train trip to Bath and arranged cab transportation into nearby Bradford on Avon.
I would not hesitate in recommending The Beeches to holiday travelers expecting the best in rustic rural accommodation. I cannot promise the gorgeous weather which made our stay near perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked this nice Farmhouse for a Weekend Family visit to Bradford Upon Avon having previously discussed rates and availability with the Owner "Nigel" When I came to the arrival I discovered i had not had a Reservation and only to find I had been Booked in to the sister hotel "The Wyndham in Gloucestershire. It appears that when I telephoned I had a cross line and did not realize that this not Nigel making taking the Reservation and Credit Card details.

I was still double charged by "Both" Hotels for not turning up at the Wyndham Hotel.

This is not very customer friendly and very disappointed to pay TWICE !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived on Friday evening with a lovely welcome from Pauline, the owner of the Beeches. She was very helpful and charming. The Farmhouse room was lovely. Fruit,water , tea and coffee were available . The breakfast was really good. The produce was local and such a wide choice of bread.jam etc. The cooked breakfast was great. All served by Pauline. Nothing was too much trouble. She really wanted us to have a great weekend in Bradford upon Avon.And we did!! We will certainly be back to explore this beautiful part of the country and to stay at the Beeches again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family