“lovely location and break away”

Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
“lovely location and break away”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Chose to stay outside of Bath as the booking was a little last minuet valentine weekend away. Was very pleased with the location, receptionist was very friendly and i was pleasantly surprised by the interior in fact i did fall in love with the place. The room was perfect in size and over looked the coach house and vineyard. Room and bathroom was very clean and tidy and had all we could require, only down side was that it wasn't very well heated and felt a bit chilly but really didn't affect our stay. On the first morning of breakfast me and my partner arrived 10 minuets before service was to end but the very friendly and kind staff made us a fresh full English breakfast to set us up for the day, nothing was to much trouble which made breakfast time very pleasant indeed. By the end of the weekend i was loathed to leave. I really enjoyed my stay here and will recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice quiet weekend just outside the city. Worth the money and more.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Many guests comment on our individually designed and decorated rooms and also our attentive and friendly staff, I was happy to read that we helped make your visit more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We were visiting Bath for the weekend but were on a budget so chose to stay outside Bath and found this lovely looking hotel. Upon our arrival we were greeted at reception, the staff were friendly and gave great service. We had planned to go into Bath for the evening for dinner and drinks however the weather turned for the worse so we decided to dine in the restaurant. The service was good however, I have to say the food did not match up to the £25 per head price tag compared to competitors and other restaurants who have a 3 course offer. Either the price needs to be dropped or the quality of the menu offer, certainly for main course needs to be increased. The food was well cooked though and the wine from their vineyard was fantastic, I had a glass before the meal which my partner tried, she liked it so much we ordered a bottle for our meal! The room was nice and quaint with a huge bathroom. I have seen the complaints about the heating but I have to say the room was fine for us both, a bit on the warmer side but that's how we like it anyway, it was during the icy blast at the end of Jan so we had no complaints there. Breakfast was very nice, a full hot and cold selection, it would have been better if there was a bit of black pudding and hash browns already on the hot plates, but it was tasty and a nice finish to our stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Latona L, General Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at this delightful Georgian property on the outskirts of the pretty Saxon town of Bradford on Avon.
I am pleased you found the service good in the restaurant and enjoyed the Leigh Park wine from our own Vineyard which is produced from the 600 Reichensteiner vines in the acre of walled garden.
In respect of our dinner menu which changes daily, we offer a range of freshly cooked dishes produced from locally sourced fish together with organic meats and vegetables from the nearby Neston Park Farm. All our bread is freshly baked on the premises, all desserts homemade and we also have a choice of our own ice cream. In addition to the Restaurant menu we also have available a full Bar snack menu offering dishes from as little as £4.95. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Professional but friendly welcome from the ladies on reception. We had booked a deluxe room in the Coach House.

Huge bed and plenty of pillows and cushions, something often found lacking. Usual hospitality tray. Room was very cold and thought radiator could have been turned on earlier but then they wouldn't have known exactly when to expect us - only took 30 mins to warm up. Everything was spotless.

Breakfast was fairly basic but perfectly adequate and the breakfast room had amazing views over the surrounding countryside. Downside of our visit was that we found the bar one of the most expensive we hve encountered.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the hotels facilities. Many of our guests also comment on the amazing views of the surrounding countryside and vineyard, which can be seen from our restaurant and most rooms in the hotel. A warm welcome awaits all guests and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel.
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We went there for a wedding so may not be a true experience of the overall hotel but the bedroom was fantastic.
First it was a huge room, the bed was also enormous, and really really good.
I would love to have the same bathroom at home!
All really clean and brilliant. Coffee, biscuit and also which is really nice a big bottle of water in the room. Nice toiletry.
Would definitely recommend it.
The only criticism I would do is about breakfast service, specially after a late night because of the wedding. The staff were very very quick to clear the buffet. Breakfast finishes at 10.00am and I think at 10.05 the buffet was all cleared so not very relaxing. Could be improved. However the food was nice.

Room Tip: Our room was in the coach house, facing the garden, room 262. I don't know about the other room...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the individually designed bedroom and bathroom spacious and in keeping with our lovely surroundings. Thank you for your constructive comments relating to the breakfast service and in future staff will ask guests still in the Restaurant at 10 a.m., if they have finished with the buffet before it is cleared. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed 7 February 2013

In a nice setting near to the lovely Bradford on Avon, the hotels buildings are impressive and attractive in traditional Cotswold stone. Service is ok but could be warmer and more professional. I checked-in late on a cold winter evening and my room in the loft of the Vendage suite was freezing with a totally unresponsive radiator that I think is centrally controlled in terms of when heat is available. I was cold for most of the night and woke up quite a lot because the mattress wasn't exactly top quality. The room looked ready but on closer inspection there was a layer of dust on fittings and fixtures. The desk had no chair so working was difficult. The only chair in the room was an odd antique effect club chair that wouldn't be usable by most women and definitely no men. Bathroom was similarly freezing with the towel radiator making no impact at all. It's not on to be so cold in a hotel. Ordered a Times for the morning which never materialised. Clearly it was too much trouble as it was for the receptionist to get out of her chair at the back of the room to check me out. Just left me rather underwhelmed and although I'm booked in for another night's stay I'll be cancelling and looking for somewhere else locally.

• Stayed February 2013
Latona L, General Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was glad to read that you found the hotel and grounds attractive and impressive and identified the Cotswold stone used during the original construction. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, the maintenance team have investigated and rectified any heating problems in the Vendage Suite so that we can ensure a comfortable night’s sleep and warm bathroom for all future guests. Each hotel room is individually decorated and furnished to our very own high standards, using furniture in keeping with such a traditional and period property, additional or alternative chairs are always available on request. I have spoken to my housekeeper and reception team and assure you that your comments will be acted upon in order to maintain and improve our standards and services to ensure a more comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Following our email conversation this morning, I am delighted you will be returning to Leigh Park next week and I look forward to meeting you then. As promised you will be given a complimentary upgrade to one of our deluxe rooms and I hope you will have a most enjoyable stay. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel.
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Arrived at the hotel for a weekend birthday break. The hotel is in a convenient location, which is just perfect if you want to visit Bath or Longleat. We received a warm welcome and our room was upgraded from a standard double to a deluxe newly refurbished room free of charge (in the coach house). The room was a good size, cosy and with a couple of really nice luxuries such as under-floor heating in the bathroom and bathrobes.

The breakfast was lovely, cooked to order, with plenty of options. The service was spot on and the staff were always friendly and attentive. The building and grounds were fantastic and near the very pretty town of Bradford Upon Avon. What can I say other than I would very much love to come back on a Birthday trip or otherwise:) Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, Director of Sales at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday break with us and that you found the staff attentive and friendly. Whenever possible we try to offer a complimentary room upgrade on arrival for special occasions such as birthdays, should we have the availability to do so. Many guests comment on our traditional, period property and enjoy leisurely strolls around the grounds and vineyard and into the historic town of Bradford-on-Avon. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and Vineyard and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Swansea, Wales
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Arrived on the Friday night for a two night get away, on arrival the lady on reception was very friendly, provided us with our room key and asked if we'd eaten, directed us to the bar and told us what time breakfast was served. Bit of a trek up the spiral stairs and again up another set of stairs to our room but well worth it when we arrived. The room was clean and fresh, well decorated and cosy. The bed was very comfortable, we slept well the first night. Breakfast was good on Saturday where a selection of breakfasts could be ordered from the menu, however on the Sunday there was only the buffet breakfast available but it was still good. The surrounding area is lovely, your free to explore the grounds if you wish. Only one thing I will say, we stayed on a very stormy night and there was a draft coming from somewhere which made the front door to our room rattle a little through the night, although I did hear it, it didn't prevent me from sleeping. Bradford on Avon is a lovely little place to stay, the hotel is ideally situated about a 20 minute drive into Bath City Center and a short 5 minute drive into Bradford on Avon itself, where there are a few nice places to eat, drink, shop and walk. Lovely little January break!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your break with us and that you found the receptionist very welcoming and friendly. The Leigh Park Hotel is a period property with many original features and rooms. Many guests really do enjoy exploring the hotel and grounds, especially when they find the vineyard or secret garden. Thank you for bringing the rattling door to my attention, we have investigated and repaired the door. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and Vineyard and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel

Been to Best Western Leigh Park Hotel? Share your experiences!