“Leigh Park Hotel - Bradford-on-Avon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel

BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel
Turkey
“Leigh Park Hotel - Bradford-on-Avon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Leigh Park Hotel is set in a beautiful location within its own landscaped gardens with fantastic views over the Wiltshire countryside and nearby Bradford-on-Avon.

Upon arrival there was more than adequate parking and the building is impressive. Check in was a bit of a muddle since the room I was allocated had not been cleaned by housekeeping so I was moved to an alternative room that was smaller and not nearly as nice as the first but then in a building like this all the rooms would be unique.

I think I must have caught them at a bad time since everything seemed a little disjointed and disorganised with lots of boxes stacked along the corridor to the restaurant, making the place look a little untidy. I wonder if it had anything to do with the brand new Boris Bus in the car park ( see photo )

The beds are comfortable and everything you need is provided. The bathroom was a good size and set out with complimentary soaps. You do have to make sure the curtain is lowered though before you take a shower or anyone in the car park below would see you.

The Wi-Fi worked well and the accommodation was of a good standard. Breakfast was very good with a choice of continental or English. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TAVAKLI
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel and landscaped gardens aesthetically pleasing and that you enjoyed the wonderful views out across the Wiltshire Downs.

I was also glad to read that you found your guest room very accommodating with a full complement of facilities and a very comfortable bed that made for a relaxing and enjoyable nights rest. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout all public areas and guests rooms, and we continually invest in our resources to ensure a trouble free connection at all times.

Many of our guests comment on our breakfast service and the variety of options available, along with the customer service offered by our dedicated staff and it is always a pleasure to read when this has helped make a guests stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice place in a great location for Bath, the station is only a walk away at the bottom of a very steep hill. The better rooms are in the coach house and not in the main building. The food is over priced and to be honest is not worth it, if your there for more than one night, you will be better off trying one of the meny places in the near by town. The staff here are not the best and you may find you need to look after your self more often than not.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel and location ideal for visiting Bath and the surrounding area. I would just like to point out that all hotel guest rooms are individually designed, decorated and furnished to a high standard and are deluxe rooms are very popular with returning guests.

I was however surprised to read your comments regarding our restaurant menu. This menu is changed on a daily basis and our chef’s use only the finest local and home grown ingredients to produce varied and seasonal dishes. As you can read from many previous reviews our staff pride themselves on the quality of customer service they provide to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We booked on the day, online, and had looked as wonderful a hotel as we had stayed in the previous night, but had no preconceptions. The car park was spacious, and the hotel had a great deal of style from the outside. However, when we entered, the staff were not expecting us. This was not a problem though, and they instantly upgraded us, which we felt was a marvellous concession. The room though, was tired, and a mixture of tastes, which had not been seen since mid war period. The bathroom, although spacious, had a rusty, old style radiator, and the taps on the sink turned with the pipework beneath. The pressure on the shower was extremely weak, and we had to revert to the bath to wash.
There was a function during the evening, and so staff were not available for us most of the time. The menu in the restaurant was extremely limited and fussy, as well as expensive, and so we reverted to the bar, which took a while to order, despite us being the only people there. The quality wasn't overly exciting.
On a brief plus side, it was a quiet evening, though that could be due to there being few guests that night.
On the whole, considering that the hotel was reasonably remote, there was little to keep you staying in

Room Tip: ensure you get the one you book
1 Thank TIMETRAVELLERANDCOM
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review I was glad to read that you found the hotel and grounds stylish and spacious and in keeping with the local area. The hotel is a period property that retains many of the traditional original features and rooms. However, I was surprised to read your comments regarding your room, each guest bedroom has been individually furnished and decorated with a modern contemporary style and each has a full complement of facilities including complimentary beverages, flat screen TV’s and free WiFi throughout, and if memory serves me correctly the latter two were not available for some years after the war ended. Should you have brought your concerns regarding the bathroom facilities to the attention of the reception or management team I can assure you that these would have been addressed immediately and rectified.

The hotel’s Vendange Suite is a popular venue for both weddings and functions and as you can read from previous reviews such events do not encumber the main hotel in anyway, all areas of the hotel are fully staffed to cater to both private residents and function guests alike. I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that the restaurant menu is changed on a daily basis and uses only the finest fresh local and home grown ingredients and our guests frequently and positively comment on the quality and service they receive when dining in our Conservatoire Restaurant.

The hotel is situated only a ten minute walk from the town centre of Bradford on Avon and only a 15 minute drive from the Georgian city of Bath, maybe not quite as remote as first thought. Many residents choose not to venture too far as the hotel grounds, vineyard, secret garden and terrace that offers stunning views across the Wiltshire Downs are ideal for a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Travellers are raving about these Bradford-on-Avon hotels

Helston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with 14 "girlfriends" whilst we did some sightseeing/shopping in the area. I had a room in the Coach house which was very nice. It was quite large with a spacious and well fitted bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and well serviced.
We ate in the lovely conservatory restaurant on both evenings and were pleased with both the choice and quality of the food on offer. Our meals were delicious and the service was good. Our only complaint was that service in the bar was rather slow at times and the wine was rather expensive.
The breakfast on offer was quite good with the hot and cold buffet having the expected items. Eggs other than scrambled had to be ordered and that did result in quite a delay. The only problem was that tea and coffee was poured at the table by the staff who seemed to struggle to keep up with the demand. I think there was extra pressure on the staff as we were a party of 15 and there was another large group who were breakfasting at the same time as us on both mornings. It would probably have been better if pots of tea and coffee were left on the table for guests to pour their own drinks when needed.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would happily stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel and that you found it an ideal base for your sightseeing and shopping trip to Bath. It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have experienced an enjoyable stay that was enhanced by the hotel guest rooms and our dedicated staff. I was also glad to read that you took the opportunity to dine with us for both breakfast and dinner in the Conservatoire Restaurant and again thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing the Best Western Leigh Park, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Perhaps for a festive season shopping trip to the increasingly popular Bath Christmas Markets running throughout November and December.
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Have just spent two nights at Leigh Park. Booked into a Deluxe room and was very disappointed. Large, but basic room, with a four poster. No adornment though which would have made it more intimate. The bathroom was small and cramped. Did sleep well though.

Evening meals were well presented and tasted wonderful. Spoilt though, by the abysmal service we received on both nights. First night we had a table in the middle of the conservatory which rocked in all directions and it needed a door wedge to the foot of the table to correct it. We waited about half an hour before we received the starter and overall the meal took 90 minutes to complete. Night two there were no napkins on the tables, we had to ask for these. They brought us our main courses whilst we were still eating our starter and the overall meal took about the same time as the first night. Another customer, by the way, returned the soup because it was cold!

Breakfast faired a bit better as it was buffet style. Limited though, if you wanted continental. Things like ham and cheese were not on show and it was necessary to order them through one of the waitresses. Bread rolls would have been appreciated!

All in all I would't recommend this hotel to any of my friends

1 Thank Stevieboy1950
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was glad to read that you had a very comfortable and peaceful nights rest in one of our Deluxe Guest Rooms, that all offer flat screen TV’s, bathrobes, complimentary beverage tray, and traditional furnishings and free WiFi. I would just like to point out that the Leigh Park Hotel is a period property with many traditional features and our guest rooms have been individually designed and decorated incorporating many of these features and original rooms to ensure our guests an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us.

It was good to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your evening meals and breakfast and found these well-presented and of a high quality. However, I was very surprised to read your comments regarding the customer service during your visit. As you can read from many previous reviews our guests positively comment on the level of service offered by our staff, who pride themselves on their attentiveness to our guests. I can only apologise if this was not the case during your visit. I would like to assure you that your comments have been passed on to the management of the hotel and the general manager assures me that the service you received was indeed a rare occurrence and that all points will be investigated and rectified to ensure no future re-occurrence of such events.

Should you wish to revisit the area at any future point please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to assist you with a reservation or offer information on any of our hotels, please contact me at operations@latonaleisuregroup.com.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I need to start by saying that the hotel had had 3 weddings there over the weekend, and we arrived while the last one was in progress, so that probably accounts for all the wine and beer glasses that around the front drive way and entrance when we pulled up. The driveway in is great, but considering all the weddings the lawns needed mowing and the flower beds weeding and cheering up. Flowers in the foyer would have been nice, other hotels do it.
The first accommodation we were shown was good, new and in order, but the window looked out over the back yard and all the rubbish bins, so that was a no
The room we took was in the main building and on the first floor, large and with big windows onto a lovely sweeping view. Big bed ok and comfortable. Furniture, a mishmash of pretty ordinary bits and prices and the hotel was unable to produce a control for the T.V which was missing, so we had to get in and out of bed all night to change channels. Bathroom, needed a good clean, and the water pressure to the shower was so weak that I was unable to wash my hair.
Restaurant nicely fitted out, food ok, but slow probably due to the wedding.
It's all here, but it needs tweaking and more attention to detail.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found the external aspect of the hotel and driveway aesthetically pleasing and in keeping with the hotels period charm and traditional features. The hotel is situated in five acres of attentively manicured gardens and grounds that our full time dedicated gardener maintains to keep in pristine condition and our guests recognise these as an attractive feature of the hotel and regularly positively comment on.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that the hotel is a very popular and sought after venue for weddings and events and rarely do these proceedings encroach on private hotel residents not attending such functions. I would however like to apologise for the array of glasses situated around the grounds on your arrival and assure you that these are hastily cleared away as soon as possible following any external photographs being taken of the celebrating party.

I was glad to read that we were able to assist with a complimentary room upgrade to the main building and that you found the room comfortable and enjoyed the ‘sweeping views’. All of the hotel bedrooms and bathrooms are individually designed, decorated and furnished to capture the elegance and charm of our period property and to ensure an individual guest experience. The housekeeping of the hotel is a daily priority and many previous guests have commented on the attention to detail offered to all areas, I have passed on your comments to the lead housekeeper for investigation.

Please accept my apologies for the missing TV remote and any issues with the shower. From time to time our guests have a habit of misplacing the TV remotes and on this occasion a replacement had to be ordered. The low water pressure to the shower has been investigated and rectified to combat any further issues.

Our conservatoire restaurant overlooks the gardens and grounds and offers a daily menu using locally sourced produce and I was glad to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Thank you for your constructive comments and choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, we work hard to ensure a fantastic experience for all out guests and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Leigh Park, we would definitely recommend this Hotel, we couldn't fault it. We stayed in the Coach House a separate building to the side of the main Hotel, with very quiet, large, clean, modern en-suite rooms, our room was overlooking the beautiful vineyard. Bed was very comfortable with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and flat screen TV on the wall, everything to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfast selection was great, staff very welcoming, polite and helpful. There were two wedding receptions held whilst we were there but they did not disturb us in the slightest. Bradford on Avon just five minutes drive away had lovely shops, we eat at the Swan Hotel which was also very nice. Great location for visiting Bath city, it was about a fifteen minute drive or you can catch the train.

Room Tip: The Coach House, second floor.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We were all delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel welcoming and comfortable and our staff polite and helpful. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it is always good to read when this has helped make our guests stay more enjoyable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel? Share your experiences!