“Fantastic”

BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here the day of our friends wedding.
What an absolutely stunning hotel. the grounds were stunning, the hotel was stunning with a magnificent spiral staircase.
The staff were very pleasant and very helpful and the waiters and waitresses were fantastic.
The rooms were of an excellent standard indeed, they were spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable, perhaps the most comfortable bed I have ever had the pleasure to sleep in.
The decor was amazing, very olde world.
I would stay here again without hesitation.
The only problem (and its a minor one) was that some of the corridors to our room were very narrow and some of the lights didnt work so he had to look in the dark for our room door.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear AndrewRichards

I would like to thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel and grounds ‘stunning’, we are very lucky to have such a magnificent period property set in picture perfect surroundings.

I will be sure to pass on your comments and feedback to the whole team who I know will be very pleased to read them.

We do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, and should you require accommodation in the area again, either for business or pleasure please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and take advantage of our price promise.

Kindest regards
Customer Relations Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a glorious hotel set in a beautiful location, with clean and well decorated rooms and great amenities. Such a shame that the service from the staff was so poor. We attended an all day wedding at this hotel, staying a couple of nights, and were quite blatantly an inconvenience to staff and management alike. Firstly there was a mix up with the room price which could easily have been resolved with honesty rather than a rude Manageress telling me she didn't need to sell me the room, I was welcome to stay else where!! Quite difficult when I was a member of the wedding party. Secondly, breakfast did not correlate with the menu given in the rooms and was 'slopped' in the serving trays, making school dinners look appetising. Thirdly, the majority of staff were inattentive, verging on ignorant when a simple bar order was made.

Fortunately, it was a great wedding, and the shameful attitude the majority of the hotel staff displayed was a mere sideline to a great weekend, but I would definitely not recommend this hotel or visit it again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear 1375dp

Firstly I would like to thank you for your review; I was delighted to read that you found the hotel and grounds ‘glorious and set in a beautiful location’ and that our guest rooms met and exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on the presentation of our individually decorated and appointed rooms and it is always a pleasure to read when a guest has thoroughly enjoyed our facilities.

Secondly, I would like to apologise again for any confusion over room rates and point out that we did indeed compromise and agree an acceptable rate for your reservation I would also like to reiterate that as with most hotels room rates are fluid and as a general rule the rates increase for high demand nights as the arrival date nears. Competitive wedding rates are offered with bookings made prior to two months before the date.

I would like to assure you that we are in the process of updating our in room guest information folders and apologise for any inconvenience caused regarding the breakfast details. Our breakfast service, as you will find in many hotels across the country consists of a hot and cold buffet, with additional items available cooked to order. During a busy breakfast service such as you encountered we strive to maintain the presentation of the breakfast buffet and as you can read from many previous reviews we receive positive comments and feedback regarding our breakfast service, please accept my apologies if this was not the case during your visit. I will certainly discuss this with the breakfast team to ensure we avoid a similar situation in the future.

I must admit I was very surprised to read your comments regarding our dedicated staff as they pride themselves on the level of customer service they provide and it is a rare occasion we receive any comments to the contrary. I am however very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed the accommodation and wedding at the hotel and had a great weekend.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Bradford-on-Avon hotels

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Came here with friends to meet up with others. Knew nothing about the town but found it delightful. Our room on the ground floor was a good size with lovely views. Unfortunately only the bottom half of one of the sash windows opened so it was a bit warm as we didn't feel safe to have lower half open. Powerful shower. Towel rail not on so towels didn't dry. The gardens are lovely and we had (our own) pre dinner drinks in the gazebo. Didn't eat in hotel as we thought 2courses for £25 rather expensive. Walked to the local pub on way into town. Good food and a reasonable price.

Room Tip: We had room 27
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Lorraine B

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you found the hotel and grounds perfect for your visit to Bradford-on-Avon. The hotel does occupy a delightful position with fantastic views out across the countryside from many vantage points throughout the gardens and terrace.

I was a little disappointed to read that you chose not to dine with us for dinner, the Conservatoire Restaurant is very popular with both hotel guests and local residents alike and our chefs use only the finest ingredients, all of which is locally sourced and grown.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, should you require accommodation in the area in the future please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and take advantage of our price promise.

Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel had an excellent breakfast. Service was friendly. The grounds were beautiful, and it didn't feel pretentious. We felt comfortable here. The only complaint was that our room was just above he parking area, and while we could always keep an eye on our car, the hotel had a lot of private events, and it would often become noisy. The location is also wonderful with no traffic noise. I would definitely recommend for a family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear CLPARIS87

Thank you for your review and valued feedback. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and grounds aesthetically in keeping with our period property. I was also glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast service and found our dedicated staff to be helpful and friendly.

We are extremely lucky to be situated in such a wonderful area of outstanding natural beauty and very close to the city of Bath. We truly appreciate your recommendations and hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Amersham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We paid £100 per night and it really wasn't worth it. Lots of niggly things spoilt what could have been a really good stay. First room was reasonable then we found the centre panel of the headboard was loose made a creaked when you moved in in bed and the room door rattled when anyone walked past which was frequently. Were told it would be fixed the following day or we would be moved which didn't happen. Eventually after pressure from us were given a new room which was much better but walls were marked with damp. Breakfast didn't match the menu in the room information and we had to request a fried egg (only scrambled provided) which took ages to arrive. Second day the selection was better but still items missing and they ran out of croissant at 9am. When we came to check out drinks had been charged to our bill by another guest. The hotel lacks attention to detail - our problems could have easily been sorted instead of just giving excuse after excuse.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sinsipuss
Dear Sinsipuss

Firstly I would like to thank you for your review, we take all guest feedback very seriously in order to maintain and improve our services for all guests to enjoy.

I was glad to read that we could help in allocating an alternative room and I can inform you that we have addressed the points raised concerning your first allocated guest room. Breakfast on very busy mornings, as in most hotels is buffet style offering both hot and cold options, with additional items being available to order, such as eggs, omelettes, porridge and fish dishes. I do apologise that during your stay the croissants were a popular option and we ran out at the end of service.

Again, I must apologise for any confusion concerning charges on your account, however I was glad that we could rectify this as soon as it was identified.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon and should you require accommodation in the area in the future please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and take advantage of our price promise.

England
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night midweek. Receptionist very friendly, offered help with our bags as we were on the top floor. Family room absolutely huge. I gave the room a 4 as the decor was tired and looked like there were damp patches on the wall. My daughter loved the view across the countryside from the room, and also the 'secret garden' outside. Bar food and drink prices very reasonable, good quality and desserts were amazing. All staff very friendly towards our two children which was refreshing as some places treat them as a nuisance.

Slept really well in the bug comfortable bed, and the breakfast was enjoyable. If you require eggs other than scrambled you have to ask but these arrived quickly.

Great stay and we will recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear MrsShoes

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel welcoming and friendly and that your daughter ‘loved the view’.

I will certainly pass on your comments and feedback to the whole team who I know will be very pleased to read them.

Kindest regards
Scotland
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here before it wss not a surprise that the poor service from the young staff at breakfast once again let the hotel down.
We do not eat in house at night dur to the past poor service, if it changes we will.
The venue and setting however are magnificent.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank SetonSteele
Dear Setonsteele

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent return visit and we do hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

I would like to assure you that your comments and feedback are welcomed and will be discussed with the team to help us maintain and improve our services. Should you be visiting again please contact the hotel directly to take advantage of our room rate price promise and should you make a reservation in our Conservatoire Restaurant for dinner I can personally assure you of an enjoyable experience with excellent service.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Mark Thompson
Customer Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel? Share your experiences!