“No clue, no help”

Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
“No clue, no help”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Having upgraded to a better room I would have expected to get that room but no only a standard room. After spending time trying to find my booking.

Then after realising they had given me the wrong room, and complaining I got the room I paid for so I thought.

Using the shower there was only a dribble of water, phoning the reception to be told I will send the bar staff to have a look! Nobody came, then got a call to say nobody from maintenance and also no manager! So after no shower went and spoke to reception and fully booked and nothing they seemed to do or were willing to do. Manager day off. Also told that heating not working either and no maintenance again, sounds like a cost saving exercise to me.

Would not recommend and would avoid in future. No empathy or understanding of how this could ruin a great weekend.

• Stayed October 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear RMAO1

Thank you for your recent review. I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us, as you can read from many previous reviews our guests positively comment on our guest rooms, the facilities our hotel offers and the dedicated team on hand to enhance your stay.

I would however like to apologise for the confusion over your allocated room type when you arrived and any inconveniences caused due to an unforeseen issue with our water and heating. This I can assure you is now fixed and we are fully operational. It is unfortunate that on occasion we experience such problems and I can only apologise that the situation was not rectified sooner so that you could thoroughly enjoy your visit.

Should you wish to return in the future please contact the hotel general manager directly and I can assure you that your reservation will be personally dealt with and a room upgrade offered to ensure an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Landrake, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were attending a School Re-Union at Bath University 9 miles away. This Hotel was recommended to us for our two night stay. After a pretty arduous journey in poor weather up from Cornwall, it was indeed a pleasure to arrive at this imposing Hotel with its fine portico, set in lovely grounds. Checking in was quick and efficient and we were directed to our Rooms in the Coach House-fairly recently converted I would say. The room itself was huge with a bed to match, exposed beams, two chandeliers and pretty views over the Vineyard and Orchard from its casement window. The adjoining bathroom was done in a "wet room" style and luxuriously appointed-however the strip type lighting over the mirror, although very contemporary, was a little on the dull side. We ate in the Conservatory Restaurant that evening, the food being delicious, nicely prepared and presented. The Breakfast the next morning was of a similar standard. All in all, a very satisfactory stay and it will go on our list of Hotels we use when visiting Bath and environs.

Room Tip: As we have not stayed in the Hotel's main building, I don't feel able to comment, but certai...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris C
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Chris C

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel ideally located for attending your reunion at Bath University.

I was also glad to read that you enjoyed dining in our Conservatoire Restaurant and found the food and service of a high standard, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the management and staff.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and Vineyard and adding our hotel to your list of preferred properties, we look forward to welcoming you back again when you’re next visiting Bath.
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Set in the Wiltshire countryside this hotel is very stately indeed. The surroundings in Autumn are out of this world. The grounds are pretty too.
However once inside the Hotel I felt like it was a job half done. The reception area, bar and restaurant was decorated very nicely. The spiral staircase is stunning too. But as I made my way to my room (44) on the top floor. Signs of neglect started to show, I looked out of a window to see the window sill all fallen away. There is a massive empty space on the landing at top of the staircase too which just seemed empty & odd.
My room was nice enough. Great big bed with lots of pillows. The decor was not to my taste and the bathroom was quite tight on the headroom.
Back to the restaurant and the food was sublime (I had a pot of tomato soup & Rack of Lamb) My waiter (who I think was called Geoff - he was also the Duty Manager) was a true professional gent.
On the whole - quite pleasant

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ian D
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Ian D

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you found our hotel aesthetically pleasing and in keeping with its Georgian heritage and also that you enjoyed our gardens and grounds. Our dedicated gardener prides himself on the appearance of our extensive gardens and I know he will be pleased to read your comments.

I was also pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience in the hotels Conservatoire Restaurant and found the meal and service outstanding.

We value all customer feedback and take it very seriously in order to maintain and improve our standards and service to ensure all our guests an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for a peaceful rest away from the rat race. The welcome of Lucy the Head Receptionist was a good start. Our room was ready even though we were a little early. The room was really spacious , a lovely décor with period furniture, pristine white bedding and lovely fluffy towels in the bathroom, with a wonderful huge bay window overlooking the surrounding scenery around Bradford on Avon, the hotel was in a good elevated position, Nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff. The breakfasts were lovely and the breakfast staff were so efficient and helpful. We would certainly recommend this hotel and will hopefully be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with bay window at rear of hotel ... well worth the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Annie282013

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you and you husband enjoyed your 3 night stay with us and that you found the hotel ideal for a peaceful and relaxing break.

We are indeed very lucky to be situated in such a prime location that offers commanding views out over the Wiltshire countryside and yet only a short drive from the Georgian City of Bath. I will be certain to pass on your comments to Lucy and all other members of our team that helped make your stay so enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard and we do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
St Albans
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Sixteen golfers stayed at the Leigh Park for a weekend's golf at the very nearby and outstandingly good Cumberwell Park Golf Centre. We were made to feel very welcome by all the staff and were given the use of a private room for the two dinners over the weekend. The food was very good indeed, nicely cooked and presented and good sized portions. The dinner menu for our group was preordered for the first night and then at breakfast for the second. Breakfast itself was also very good and from a buffet with an good range of options backed up by freshly cooked boiled, fried and poached eggs if you so desired.
A special word for the staff who really went the extra mile in providing service particularly as there was a problem with the draught beer pumps in the cocktail bar over the weekend necessitating a lot more work in providing these drinks from another bar some distance away. All done with a smile which was great!
The only criticism would be that as this is a building of considerable age, the plumbing is not entirely fault free and if checking in as a group simultaneously and all taking showers pretty soon afterwards, the flow rate and water temperatures can be erratic.
Having said this, I was encouraged by my fellow golfers to repeat the tour at some stage next year and to use the Leigh Park because everything else is really very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Goodtraveller

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted that you and your fellow golfers thoroughly enjoyed your stay and found the hotel ideally located for Cumberwell Golf Club and our staff welcoming, friendly and helpful throughout.

I will pass on your comments and feedback to all of our dedicated team that helped make your stay so enjoyable and I know they will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and Vineyard and we look forward to welcoming you and your fellow golfers back again next year. Should you require any additional information on special rates for retuning guests or the areas golf courses and other attractions please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had our wedding on 23rd August 2013 and the staff, the hotel and food was amazing. Our wedding was wonderful and the staff are a real credit to the overall service. Great value and great customer care.

• Stayed August 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Rebecca L

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your wedding here at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you both thoroughly enjoyed your special day and that our dedicated team could help make it that little more memorable and enjoyable.

I will be certain to pass on your comments and feedback to the management and staff who I know they will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, we wish you all the very best for your future together and do hope we will see you again soon.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights total and used this as a base to tour the Bath area, Very easy to recommend a stay especially as a base to tour the area.

Staff were very welcoming and room was luxurious in the old world style overlooking the manicured gardens which includes a small vineyard.

By pure chance we shared a cab from the local station with one of the staff who was very polite and courteous even before he knew we were his customers.

Free Wi-fi was a big bonus in this day and age and the network was quite fast and reliable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Truglife

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel following your recent visit. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel and staff welcoming, very friendly and helpful throughout your stay.

We are, as you mention ideally situated to explore the Georgian City of Bath and the surrounding areas and we are very pleased that our dedicated team could help make your stay so enjoyable and comfortable. I will be certain to pass on your comments.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre

Been to Best Western Leigh Park Hotel? Share your experiences!