“A great example of good service”

Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
E. Sussex England
“A great example of good service”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were booked in for two nights and experienced levels of service normally reserved for 5 star city hotels. Every member of staff was genuinely determined to make the stay perfect. Levels of cuisine were high, room was delightful and the setting beautiful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Tonyblue

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your two night stay with us and that the dedicated team at the hotel exceeded your expectations. They truly do pride themselves on providing a level of customer service that enhances our guests stay and makes for a memorable and enjoyable visit. I will be certain to pass on your comments to the management and staff at the hotel.

Thank You for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I travel all over uk and Europe I have experience of judging Hotels and their food, , stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and experienced some great time could not fault it great staff very helpful kind and polite and the food must be the best I have had special thanks to the chef.The rooms were tremendous clean big and beautiful got to be my best stay to date.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Mohamed Akram A

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your 3 night stay at our hotel and found our dedicated staff welcoming, kind and polite throughout.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to all of our staff that helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Positives:
Nice spacious room with nice touches such as under floor heating in bathroom and fresh glass bottle of water each day;
Clean bedroom and bathroom;
Friendly reception staff;
Nice building away from the main building which was nice and quiet;
10 mins from Bradford On Avon centre town, 30 mins from Bath.

Suggestions:
Shame to have to singles pushed together instead of a double;
From the website it appeared there would be a couple of restaurant and bar areas which were relaxed and chilled out. It was clear that on the first night dress code was formal and there wasn't a large amount of bar space especially with a coachload of people in the hotel. There was a little bit of information in the room brochure but this was pages of writing and we could be bothered to read through it all! It would have been nice to have somewhere at the hotel to go for a relaxed drink and meal instead of going out each evening.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Lauren M

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you found our hotel and reception team welcoming and friendly and that your guest room met and exceeded your expectations. Each of our guest rooms are individually designed and decorated and offer a full complement of facilities and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience.

The hotel is a period property with many original features and rooms and our cosy bar area extends to a seating area with panoramic views out across our gardens and the Wiltshire Downs. Our Conservatoire Restaurant offers local produce with a varying selection of dishes freshly prepared by our Chefs and served by our dedicated restaurant team. I would just like to point out that the restaurant does not have a formal dress code, although we respectfully request smart casual, as do most hotel restaurants.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, I will be certain to pass them on to the management team at the hotel as we take our customer feedback very seriously in order to maintain and improve our standards and service, to ensure our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just stayed here for 2 nights. Quite a lot of the hotel has been refurbished but not the room we stayed in which was shabby to say the least. We were with a party of friends and other rooms were in much better shape. Check before you book!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been refurbished recently.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Lifelover 50

Thank you for your recent review with regards to your recent two night stay. I must admit I was a little surprised and disappointed to read your comments regarding your allocated guest room, I would like to assure you that we maintain an on-going refurbishment program to ensure all of the hotels guest rooms, public areas and grounds are kept to the highest possible standard. Should you have informed a member of the management team or reception staff of your observations and any inconsistencies with your guest room we would have done everything possible to ensure you a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

All guest rooms are individually designed and decorated and each is equipped with flat screen TV, complimentary beverages, free WiFi and full en-suite facilities, most with large walk in power showers. Should you wish to return for a future stay please contact the hotel directly and we will ensure you receive our Best Rate Guarantee along with a guest room overlooking the Wiltshire Countryside.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and Vineyard, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Having upgraded to a better room I would have expected to get that room but no only a standard room. After spending time trying to find my booking.

Then after realising they had given me the wrong room, and complaining I got the room I paid for so I thought.

Using the shower there was only a dribble of water, phoning the reception to be told I will send the bar staff to have a look! Nobody came, then got a call to say nobody from maintenance and also no manager! So after no shower went and spoke to reception and fully booked and nothing they seemed to do or were willing to do. Manager day off. Also told that heating not working either and no maintenance again, sounds like a cost saving exercise to me.

Would not recommend and would avoid in future. No empathy or understanding of how this could ruin a great weekend.

• Stayed October 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear RMAO1

Thank you for your recent review. I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us, as you can read from many previous reviews our guests positively comment on our guest rooms, the facilities our hotel offers and the dedicated team on hand to enhance your stay.

I would however like to apologise for the confusion over your allocated room type when you arrived and any inconveniences caused due to an unforeseen issue with our water and heating. This I can assure you is now fixed and we are fully operational. It is unfortunate that on occasion we experience such problems and I can only apologise that the situation was not rectified sooner so that you could thoroughly enjoy your visit.

Should you wish to return in the future please contact the hotel general manager directly and I can assure you that your reservation will be personally dealt with and a room upgrade offered to ensure an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Travellers are raving about these Bradford-on-Avon hotels

Landrake, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were attending a School Re-Union at Bath University 9 miles away. This Hotel was recommended to us for our two night stay. After a pretty arduous journey in poor weather up from Cornwall, it was indeed a pleasure to arrive at this imposing Hotel with its fine portico, set in lovely grounds. Checking in was quick and efficient and we were directed to our Rooms in the Coach House-fairly recently converted I would say. The room itself was huge with a bed to match, exposed beams, two chandeliers and pretty views over the Vineyard and Orchard from its casement window. The adjoining bathroom was done in a "wet room" style and luxuriously appointed-however the strip type lighting over the mirror, although very contemporary, was a little on the dull side. We ate in the Conservatory Restaurant that evening, the food being delicious, nicely prepared and presented. The Breakfast the next morning was of a similar standard. All in all, a very satisfactory stay and it will go on our list of Hotels we use when visiting Bath and environs.

Room Tip: As we have not stayed in the Hotel's main building, I don't feel able to comment, but certai...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris C
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Chris C

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel ideally located for attending your reunion at Bath University.

I was also glad to read that you enjoyed dining in our Conservatoire Restaurant and found the food and service of a high standard, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the management and staff.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and Vineyard and adding our hotel to your list of preferred properties, we look forward to welcoming you back again when you’re next visiting Bath.
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Set in the Wiltshire countryside this hotel is very stately indeed. The surroundings in Autumn are out of this world. The grounds are pretty too.
However once inside the Hotel I felt like it was a job half done. The reception area, bar and restaurant was decorated very nicely. The spiral staircase is stunning too. But as I made my way to my room (44) on the top floor. Signs of neglect started to show, I looked out of a window to see the window sill all fallen away. There is a massive empty space on the landing at top of the staircase too which just seemed empty & odd.
My room was nice enough. Great big bed with lots of pillows. The decor was not to my taste and the bathroom was quite tight on the headroom.
Back to the restaurant and the food was sublime (I had a pot of tomato soup & Rack of Lamb) My waiter (who I think was called Geoff - he was also the Duty Manager) was a true professional gent.
On the whole - quite pleasant

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ian D
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Ian D

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you found our hotel aesthetically pleasing and in keeping with its Georgian heritage and also that you enjoyed our gardens and grounds. Our dedicated gardener prides himself on the appearance of our extensive gardens and I know he will be pleased to read your comments.

I was also pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience in the hotels Conservatoire Restaurant and found the meal and service outstanding.

We value all customer feedback and take it very seriously in order to maintain and improve our standards and service to ensure all our guests an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
#1 of 1 in Beanacre
The Polebarn
The Polebarn
#3 of 4 in Trowbridge

Been to Best Western Leigh Park Hotel? Share your experiences!