“Relaxing, elegant country house” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel

BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, elegant country house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stunning setting and peaceful location. I had a perfectly good night's sleep in a very comfortable bed and room. A little lacking in the housekeeping department: little things like bulbs blown, no shower cap etc. Overall would recommend to my friends. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Jacqueline Anne P

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at our Hotel. I was thrilled to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable experience whilst staying with us and I would like to thank you for your comments and feedback, this helps us maintain and improve are standards and services to ensure a superior experience for all our guests.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel, we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Leigh Park Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped for a couple of nights. Lots of parking space. Quick check in. Room was in the Coach House which is adjacent to the main hotel building. Fresh decor, comfortable with a really powerful shower (though even the coldest setting seemed pretty hot). Took a moment to locate the mains socket near the desk - pull the seat back, look up under the desk and there it is - hiding quite far up the wall. Free WiFi worked just fine.

Ate in the restaurant each night. Well appointed dining area with great views of the countryside. Service was prompt and friendly without being fussy. Generous portions of tasty fare. Menu changed from day one to day two allowing a decent variety of options. Didn't try breakfast instead making a coffee in the room.

Recyclable bottled water system in use, so mineral water (optionally sparkling) available at no extra charge. Interesting to see the, on site, vineyard.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: If you are in the Coach House, ask for a room that doesn't face onto the main hotel. This will g...
1 Thank Derek K
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Derek K

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience of our hotel and that you would not hesitate to return. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the dedicated management team and staff as I know they will be very pleased to read them.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had been booked in here this May on business. Discovered I had been put in an attic room, up 3 flights of stairs. I have a bad knee and stairs are not good for me. No lifts, so no disabled access beyond the ground floor.
Food was really quite good, and the room was, well, average. An interesting point was that the TV in the room was password protected, I suppose to stop guests using it.
There is an abundance of hotels in the area, and I would not choose this one again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the top floor
2 Thank Elizabeth P
LatonaLeisureGroup, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Elizabeth P

Thank you for your review. I apologise that you did not fully enjoy your stay, however I am pleased you enjoyed the food, which I feel is a strength of our Hotel, with everything being cooked fresh to order.

I have fully investigated your comments and it appears that you were part of a large group and we were totally unaware of your situation and you were allocated a room on our second floor - we only have two upper floors in the Hotel and clearly if we had been aware of your bad knee we would most certainly have allocated you a ground floor room. Had we taken your booking direct we would have asked of any specific requirements.

As a Georgian listed building we have no lift however the upper floor rooms are particularly popular with our guests as they afford fantastic views of our landscaped gardens and the Wiltshire Downs beyond.

I can confirm that our contemporary flat screen TVs in all rooms are not password protected – I can only assume you inadvertently went into the ‘menu programme’ and a password is then needed to re-tune the TV. We do not wish to stop guests using the television – quite the contrary.

I do hope you will consider staying at Leigh Park again in the future.

Kind regards.

Travellers are raving about these Bradford-on-Avon hotels

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had a residential meeting at this hotel located in a very beautiful part of the country. I was lucky enough to get a room in the recently refurbished Coach House which overlooked the hotels own vineyard, I can honestly say it is one of the best nights sleep I've had whilst working on a conference. The staff were very attentive asnd professional and the hotel is beautifuly laid out, unfortunately bad weather meant we werent able to take advantage of the outdoor space but that too was fabulous.

Dear Nicola A

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel whilst attending a conference, the hotel is a popular event destination and it is always a pleasure to read when our dedicated team have helped make a guests stay that little more comfortable and enjoyable. Your comments and feedback are most welcome.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon and should you be visiting the area again for business or pleasure, please do not hesitate to visit the hotels own website to make your next booking as we would personally like to assist with any future reservations.

Best regards
Selby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Visited this hotel for a thee day leisure break April 2014 and was initially given accommodation in on the first floor of the main building. This room had a great view but was tired and worn and a bit shabby, after speaking with the hotel manager we were quickly re-located to a room in the Coach House which was of a good standard. The staff at Leigh Park are excellent and very helpful, the restaurant area is very pleasant although a little expensive you can eat in the bar but there is a shortage of space if the hotel is busy. We were given to understand that there is to be some refurbishment of the main building until this is undertaken we would advise guest to ask to be located in the Coach House.

Room Tip: Ask for Coach House
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Keith W

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you found the dedicated team at the hotel welcoming, friendly and helpful throughout your stay and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and all guest feedback and comments are used to ensure we maintain and improve our standards and services for all our guests to enjoy.

Should you require accommodation in the area again please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly as we would personally like to assist with any future reservations and assure you of a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard
Dorchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

First time we have felt compelled to write a review on Trip advisor.
We booked this hotel 3 weeks in advance with a cheerful receptionist.
What a disappointment on arrival.

Arrived 5:15pm, Friday 1st Nov-2013 staying 2 nights. (2 nights too many!)
to find the whole process of checking in totally shambolic.

No welcome. Very 'cold’ service, receptionist apathetic. A total mix up as to what rate we were on, booked DBB as was written on the reservation sheet she had in front of her.
I had to prompt the receptionist about booking a time for dinner, as was obviously required on the DBB rate on reservation!
To make matters worse, I was told that I was booked in the ‘Coachhouse’-'' through the two doors''?
This was the front entrance into the hotel from the car park. No effort to explain succinctly that it was across the dark car park around a dark corner courtyard wall.
A minimal courtesy would be a little more explanation with hand signals even directing us. No help or any information on parking around there, it came across as ‘get on with it’.
I felt as if I was a bother to her.
Lighting in the car park was abysmal,

Having found the ‘Coachhouse’ in the poor lighting, the room was cold and not inviting due to the temperature. No heating on. Not what you expect on a damp November evening.
Rang reception to enquire about heating and was told it was programmed to switch on at 18.00, so requested a supplementary heater- but this never arrived. No explanation why not –no apology. Surprise, surprise. Usual Best Western standards we remembered.
Went down to dinner at 7.30pm as it was booked for 8pm and we had a bottle of wine whilst waiting for the menu. We were totally ignored by restaurant staff. No menu, no hello or acknowledgment from any member of restaurant staff or its manager. We were in full view. It wasn’t even that they were busy. In the end I had to make myself known and that we were eating in the restaurant, which they seem surprised at. Do staff not communicate between themselves? as it does help.
Took our food order eventually but they were not interested in taking any wine order as we already had an open bottle in front of us. They seemed totally uninterested as did the restaurant manager who asked if we would like the waitress to return to take a wine order he didn’t offer to take. I was dumfounded.
No choice of bread you had what was put in front of you.
No condiments on table.
As for breakfast, again shambolic, Buffet style. Plenty of staff but don’t know what they do. Tables unmade, left with previous diners dishes, Milk ran out; orange juice ran out; sausages ran out. Cold plates; luke warm beans and scrambled egg, as the only one of the 3 oil heaters underneath servers were lit. Very slow to replenish food. People stood waiting whilst the luke warm food went cold.
Seemed to be very young; inexperienced, untrained staff with no mature supervision looking over them and hence no team work.
Very minimal service, little greeting when you entered, just room number, tea or coffee?!
No simple menu on the table to explain the basics.
If you want fish or porridge as an alternative you had find a waiter/less and ask. Then wait.
Tables not laid to basic standard- cups, milk, butter, sugar.
Can’t even get the basics right.
They need to go back to basics and re-evaluate their customer service.
The only grace was the rooms were clean, tidy, functional and updated.
Having stayed in many hotels in the UK and abroad with the Best Western brand, this was the most shambolic service we have ever experienced.
There is no excuse for being busy, as it was not. What mayhem ensues in the height of summer…..-anybody?
And other hotels seem to cope. It’s what’s called…: Planning.
I didn’t get the discount off a BW gift card either, to be confirmed by ‘phone to me later at home ( on the day the system was ‘down’ ..oh yeh that BW ‘old chestnut’)
So all in all, two days too many at Leigh Park.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew H
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Andrew H

Thank you for your review. Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for not exceeding your expectations, however I must admit I am a little disappointed that it has taken over six months for you to share your comments and feedback. Whilst we encourage all our guests to share their experiences of our hotel we find it more beneficial if we receive such feedback as soon as possible. This enables us to act quickly and accordingly to rectify any areas of our business that fall below our own very high standards of customer care and service.

The above being said I can honestly inform you that we operate a process whereby we continually and actively assess and improve our hotel and facilities along with identifying any opportunities to enhance our customer care to ensure a more comfortable and enjoyable stay for all our guests. I would also like to assure you that we have addressed any issues with the external lighting to ensure our guests safety and security.

We would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel so that you can experience our hospitality first hand and as positively received by the many other guests who have recently shared their comments with travelers and potential guests on this and many other review sites.

Should you wish to accept our offer to return please do not hesitate to contact the hotel general manager directly and she will be only too pleased to personally assist you with any future reservations.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel, we do sincerely hope that you will consider a future stay with us.

Kindest regards
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed with a friend for one night and what stood out for me apart from the location was how friendly and helpful the staff were. From when we checked in the receptionist was warm and friendly and very helpful about taxis & costs etc to the breakfast staff who were all cheery and genuinely interested in where we were from etc. you don't always get this in hotels especially chains and I was very impressed. Even though we only stayed one night we were made to feel that they valued our business which is common sense to most people for repeat trade but not all establishments manage to portray this. In my opinion Leigh park are spot on with their customer service and should be complemented on how they treat customers. Bradford on Avon is a charming town full of character and near to Bath which is why we stayed there. The hotel I believe has been recently refurbished and we thought it had been done to a very high standard and in keeping with the character of the building. I would imagine Americans would really love it. We loved our twin bedded room with a stunning view of the countryside. Everything was spotless & shower was big and worked well. We didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on that. Breakfast was not cheap but you did get plenty so not bad value. We had a bit of luxury for one night and for what we paid I still can't believe Leigh Park is only 3 Star ! It maybe to do with not having leisure facilities which by the way didn't bother us. Also plenty of parking which is a bonus compared to Bath. We would recommend and would love to return one day.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mortimer64

Thank you for your review and feedback. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you would love to return. Your comments are very much appreciated and I will be sure to pass them on to the management and staff, who I know will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel, we look forward to your return and please do contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist you with any future reservations.

Best regards
Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel? Share your experiences!