“Always a Pleasure, Never a Chore”
Review of The Lock Inn Cafe

The Lock Inn Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Always a Pleasure, Never a Chore”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

As a staple of Bradford residents and more besides, the lock inn is certainly deserving of the custom it receives. The food is simple yet very satisfying, and the service on the whole well done.

Visited August 2013

“manager very rude”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

After waiting over 45 minutes for 3 meals they finally arrived cold. The manager took them back and came out with more meals which were still cold but so hungry at this point we ate them. The staff had said why it took so long as thete was a mix up in the kichen. There was a table of 14 who ordered after us had got there food first. When asking the manager why it took so long he said it was because what we ordered. But they managed to do the table of 14 first. All around us people where waiting for food. My husband went to ask why it had taken so long and he took the ticket with the time on it to see why we waited. He never came back so my husband went to find him. He was very rude to my husband blaming his foreign staff. He could have given us a free drink we were only drinking coke but was so rude. We will not be going back.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank debbie1965blue
Melksham, United Kingdom
“Good value, nice people.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Inexpensive, great location, quirky place with cheerful staff and great breakfasts. Quite good in evenings too but don't bother if you're after somewhere smart. This is basic good food and drink with few frills. Lotsa daily papers for breakfast readers. We visit regularly.

• Visited June 2014
Bath
“Good Value”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went down to the Lock Inn on the May Bank Holiday, was exceptionally busy because of the good weather/Bank Holiday, but nonetheless we managed to find a seat. Had to queue to get drink/food, but it's the same wherever you go on a Bank Holiday. The food took less than 20 minutes to arrive and we weren't disappointed. I had the "gert lush tall melt burger" which was exceptional - the burger was fresh/moist and very tasty. My other half had the "garlic chicken" and they weren't disappointed either. Think they should change their menu's a little as they've been the same every since I can remember. But I'm not complaining, as I've never had a bad meal from the Lock Inn. Hope to visit again soon.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast Disaster”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Having been told The Lock Inn Cafe produced amazing breakfasts, my husband and I were looking forward to a delicious meal. The cafe was not busy as we arrived at around 9 o'clock on a Tuesday morning. My husband ordered the 6 of the best; egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, fried potato and baked beans and I ordered 2 poached eggs, 2 toast and 2 pieces of black pudding. I was charged the same price for both breakfasts which I thought was ridiculous as my breakfast included much cheaper ingredients. I made a complaint which fell on deaf ears as they had classed my breakfast as 6 items! I was willing to let that one go however when my husbands breakfast turned up it consisted of the following: Cold rubbery mushrooms, very poor quality sausage, cold baked beens and potatoes which were yesterday's leftover dried up jacket potatoes with their skins left on, cut into quarters, also cold and soggy. What a disappointment! Won't be going back there again.

• Visited June 2014