“Fab comfort food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hartley Farm

Hartley Farm
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brussels, Belgium
“Fab comfort food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hartley farm is a friendly warm oasis from the hustle and bustle of Bath life. The food is great especially their full english or their home made cakes and the coffees are generous, rich and smooth. Always a lovely experience whether I am shopping in the farm shop or eating in the cafe.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank KiwiinMilan

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Pit-stop at Winsley...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We needed food after being on the road since 04:20 and decided to grab a coffee and cake at the Hartley Farm Shop as our day was far from complete. From the outside it looked as we might have expected, albeit a little larger than many "farm shops" but that's where the comparison ends. We entered through a well stocked delicatessen and butchers (the provenance of the meat displayed for all to see) and found an airy modern restaurant furnished in a minimalist Scandinavian style. There was a wide choice of dishes, including toasted teacakes and more substantial bistro type meals. My wife chose the homemade fishcake and I opted for a cheese "ploughman's"; both were freshly prepared, nicely presented with generous portions. Observing other diners plates the same appeared to be true, whatever had been ordered.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank GibBob
Tom B, Owner at Hartley Farm, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your visit and food on your pit-stop! We hope the rest of your journey went smoothly and hope to see you again, when you are next on the road perhaps!
Dorset
“Dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

10 of us were booked in for lunch and we were requested to be on time. We eventually got our "cold" lamb about an hour later. we accept the fact their notice says that good food takes time. I don't mind waiting if it's good. I will not be going back. One of our group paid the bill and mentioned to the lady at the till that the meal was cold. "oh sorry" and then something about the kitchen, which I missed. No refund or discount was offered and this was on a £10.50 per person single course sunday lunch. I could say more but, ah well, once bitten.

On the way in my wife had noticed that in the farm shop butchers counter there were some faggots which looked pretty good. We cooked them last night. They turned out to be something that had been extremely finely minced mixed with very strong liver. Oh yuck.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NomadDorset
Hello,
Thank you very much for your time in providing us with some feedback on your recent visit, I am really sorry to hear we didnt meet your expectations this time.

We were aware that we had serive time issue in our kitchen on Sunday, the cafe team have discussed and reviewed this and have already made some changes to better manage the situation in the future. An hour to wait for food is too long, especially if it doesnt get to you in the best condition, and we are very sorry for this. I will be speaking to the team who were working on Sunday to see how this incident was missed and you left feeling that the situation hadnt been resolved or at least acknowledged. We will always try and compensate for someone who hasn't enjoyed their experience, we will work hard to make sure we find out why and try to improve.

Our butchers make our faggots from scratch using our own produce and a traditional recipe. I have passed on your feedback to them too though for them to take on board and review. I'm again very sorry you didnt enjoy these.

I would love to be able to talk to you in more detail about your expereince and try to make it right for you. If you would be willing to contact me through tom@hartley-farm.co.uk I would be most grateful.

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“What a treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Found this wonderful cafe, farm shop when we by passed Bath and travelled through Bradford on Avon. Fabulous menu, great choice and very reasonably priced. Very busy Saturday lunch time but staff friendly and efficient. Mamouth ploughmans sandwich for two and coffees only £12. Will definately be going again, best pickle l have had for years.

Hi Pauline,
Thank you so much for your comments, the team and I were very proud to read them! We look forward to welcoming you again
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but very busy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This used to be a regular lunch stop for me. Good for any family member, tired teenagers, busy husband or a relaxing coffee and chat with mum . Although the menu is generally quite "meety" , a veggie or vegan option is available and very good usually.
However, a victim of their own success, Hartley is now very busy and sometimes full to the brim with toddlers. This is fine if you have a young child or toddler but it can be very noisy . The lady taking food orders used to be very accommodating if asked to substitute certain things on the menu for another vegan friendly one , last time she told me "we are very busy" , indicating that now they are too busy to keep long standing customers happy.
Having said all of this , the food is made with best ingredients and to my knowledge most sourced locally or gown themselves. If you have a young family it's a fab place to take them for quality tasty food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hedgehog H
Hello,
Thank you for your review and feedback. We are aware that at some peak times the cafe can get busy and we do have some more youthful, energetic customers! We do take this issue seriously and have made investements recently in making sure that we are offering all our customers the best experience. We do also try to accomodate some changes to dishes and will always try if there are dietary requirments. However, during very busy times this can quite often cause added pressure in the kitchen and our priority is to produce the best standard and quality of food and service to all our guests so from time to time can not make some changes. Please be assured that this is in no way a reflection of being too busy to remember our loyal customers. We are extremely gratefulf for the support we get from our customers and the feedback we get is our way of improving and we will certainly take this on board.
I'm really glad you enjoy our food though and our vegetarian dishes