Swan Hotel
US$91
The Polebarn(Trowbridge)
US$114
TripAdvisor
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel(Trowbridge)(Great Value!)
US$89
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$97
US$73
Hotels.com
All reviewsthai foodhistoric townuneven floorslovely hotelcomfortable bedweekend breakan overnight staynight's sleepenglish breakfaststayed for nightslovely roombathcharacterbradfordpubscanalensuite
Reviewed 16 August 2011

It was literally an overnight stay and to be fair, The Swan has come a long way since the days I used to have a few beers there... But £95 per night for a tiny room is a little steep. The came down to £75 with a little bartering but for me, that is where it should have started off.
Staff were generally ok depending on who you spoke to but overall, great location, was very clean and comfy and I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We booked this hotel in advance for the weekend as it was for our Anniversary, when we arrived our room had been upgraded, the reception staff were very helpful and gave us information about the area as we had never been before. Upon Entering the room we were surprised to find a bottle of champagne from the General Manager! On the evening we had dinner in the Bar and the staff were very attentive and made time to speak with us even though you could see they were busy! I would defiantly be going back to this Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We were both left with the impression that we were troubling the staff throughout our stay
After a great evening at the Theatre Royal Bath we returned by 10. 45pm to the Hotel and asked if there was any chance of a sandwich or something to eat was told no and sent out to a Chinese in the rain. The address was curt and an offer of a bag of crisps would at least showed concern. We were woken by the sound of the fire alarm - from the floor below After standing in the rain for 20 minutes I took the opportunity to explain to the duty manager that - lights were out on the system and that the alarm could not be heard on the top floor - this was met by little concern.
The room itself was beautifully appointed - however as to be expected in an old building both the TV and wireless free kept cutting out. Bear in mind this when booking -opt for a lower floor.
Breakfast was good but every table was full of dirty dishes - we waited 15 minutes to be served and ended up in frustration clearing and setting our own table. Just one staff on duty so understandable - but at over £100 a night again this was yet again not the service standard expected.
The location is beautiful and the actual Hotel quirky enough to be interesting and on the whole modernised tastefully. Bradford On Avon- is a wonderful little town -just one stop away from The World Heritage site of Bath ( 15 Mins) by train alternatively you can book a canal barge to take you there passing some stunning Hamlets. St Lawrence’s Saxon Church is memorable as are the views and streets around the river itself.
I addressed the issues with the staff and left details for manager to contact us but - well given the service we received I bet you can guess we never heard. What can i say in Summary – the whole experience was = ‘almost’

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The hotel is centrally situated and historic. The bedroom was pleasant with good furniture and a very comfortable bed. TV had many channels. Breakfast excellent. The downside was that the corridors were a bit shabby with stained carpets in places. The decor in the room was in need of tlc the window was rotting and had no way to fix it shut as the catch had dropped off. The shower was poor with no way to get it past lukewarm. The bathroom has no window and extractor fan did not work. The hand for the flush was dropping off so I fixed it! Simple. Staff were pleasant but not much atmosphere

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This is an historic hotel, not meeting its potential simply because of poor service and lack of attention to detail. Upgrading pictures on walls and furnishings does not automatically upgrade a hotel! The reception area is a scruffy hole in the wall which you could pass without noticing, and is seldom manned. When I arrived, a key was shoved in my hand; I was not asked if I needed help with my heavy case; I was not told where my room was (and Room 6 is impossible to find, because the fire-door leading to it is unmarked); I was not asked if I would like a paper in the morning. At breakfast I was told that they had 'run out of marmalade'. WHY? This is not good enough for £100 a night!

Room Tip: ask for room on first floor and at the front
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo