“Perfect Welcome !”

Swan Hotel
Bath, United Kingdom
“Perfect Welcome !”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

An unexpected one night stay suddenly became 5 when our planned house move to Bradford went terribly wrong.
James and his staff surpassed themselves to accommodate our daily changing needs (a family of four with two teenage sons who still needed to get to school each day!)
Leoni, Alice and Dominic cheered us up each day with much needed humour and bright smiles, our rooms were excellent, immaculate and warm: great breakfasts too!!
Cannot thank you enough for a home from home experience, keeping our fingers crossed for the expectant signets, all 7 of them!

Room Tip: Recommend rooms 10 and 11 Room 10 had a great 4 poster bed and a lovely big bathroom with a powerfu...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Easter Sunday one night visit. From check in to check out, all the staff were friendly and helpful.
Service was good, food was well presented and very enjoyable. Large and very comfortable room - enjoyed the four poster bed! Pleasant atmosphere in the bar areas, good choice of real ales, wines and spirits. Hotel in excellent position to view the town. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room 1 for 1 night. Supposedly the pride bedroom of the place. Bed so noisy, it managed to keep us up all night. We were told we were the first ever to mention this, which clearly isn't true given the other reviews. Authentic thai food was disappointingly a watered version of the real thing. All in all, far from being worth the money we paid.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
hotelsavvy007, General Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We always welcome reviews and understand that we cannot always meet everyones expectations, however we do occasionally feel the need to respond to some reviews; Firstly the room you stayed in; Room 1, we are sorry that the period bed that the room features was not to your liking and while a popular room and one of our 'superior' rooms, we do also have a number of Deluxe rooms, including two four poster rooms and a lovely room with a massive bathroom, so there are plenty of others to chose from, although being a bank holiday weekend we were full.

It is always disappointing when guests do not enjoy our food especially our Thai/Asian offerings; our owners hail from Thailand and we pride ourselves on offering traditionally prepared Thai/Asian food, which means that sauces and soups are not thickened with cornflour, arrowroot or any other thickening agent, perhaps not what everyone is used to - we are sorry if this was not explained prior to you ordering, having said that, we appreciate that sometimes we do not completely 'hit the mark' and we always welcome the opportunity to either put things right or receive specific feedback on how we could do things better.
Thank you for choosing The Swan Hotel and we are sorry that we were not able to send you away happy on this occasion,

Travellers are raving about these Bradford-on-Avon hotels

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Walked in to a empty pub on a Sunday evening during school holidays. The staff were very friendly and welcoming . Outside the menu advertised a carvery and to us that means a counter with meats and help yourself veg but it turned out you just ordered off menu. Food very average and not overly hot. We are staying here for a few days but wouldn't go again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
hotelsavvy007, Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Swan Hotel, we were of course sorry you missed out on our carvery which we do run every Sunday from 12 noon until 3.00pm, and you are right, we have a choice of three meats, carved in front of you, complimented by Fresh vegetables, Roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, Honey roasted parsnips and accompanying sauces.
We also offer a selection of starters at £4.95 and desserts at just £3.95! With the main carvery available for £10.95, it is popular so we do recommend booking in advance. So if you are still in the area do come by (or book in advance preferably) and enjoy our sunday lunchtime carvery.
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I'm writing this from a lobby table, bags at my side, because I am determined to brag on this wonderful hotel before returning to Southern California. For three days I've wandered this charming town, and even with other fine establishments nearby I am convinced The Swan is "THE" place to stay. The entire facility blends Old World charm with every modern amenity, and my room was both spacious and clean. (Bed, pillows, and bedding were comfortable and were like new.) I didn't watch TV, but saw they had a large selection of channels.

The Swan is ideally located, a short walk from every tourist site, and the food at the pub downstairs is very good — plus, the staff kept a fire going throughout the chilly day and evening. There is a standard, full English breakfast buffet in the morning, free to guests.

My stay was midweek, and on Tuesday I discovered a charming weekly tradition: in the pub were 20 locals holding Folk Music Night! Even though it's not my type of music, I felt I'd stepped 200 years back in time and enjoyed every minute. (For light sleepers, I noticed pub noise doesn't bleed into the rooms upstairs.)

The staff were friendly and knowledgable; I cannot imagine anyone not being impressed at their willingness to serve. Dominic helped me on several occasions.

In part, I made my decision to stay here based on Trip Advisor reviews, and I'm passing the favor on to you. I give The Swan five stars.

Room Tip: I was in Room One, overlooking the river and historic bridge.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We recently spent the night at the Swan hotel. We were given the most beautiful room with a very large bathroom and freestanding bath, we were not expecting that and it felt very luxurious. It’s a shame that the website tells you all the rooms are unique with different shapes and sizes but doesn’t give you any information on which to make your decision. Also, how could we book the same room again online?

The hotel itself is a beautiful old building and the staff were all great, very friendly and helpful.

The only downside of our stay was the Thai food. This part of the review is difficult to write as I understand that the owners spent many years living and working in Thailand and one of them is Thai so I don’t feel I am really in a position to criticise but all I can give is my experience.

We love Thai food, we’ve travelled to Thailand a few times, we’ve eaten in touristy places and non-touristy places and had the most amazing Thai food we can imagine. We’ve eaten Thai food in a restaurant with a Michelin star and many times in small local restaurants that we love. I also regularly cook Thai food myself. All this great food shares a perfect blend of flavours from stunning ingredients. Unfortunately, for us the food we had at the Swan was very disappointing. It was bland, or over salty, some of the curries, which were meant to contain coconut milk, only contained about two tablespoons of it. Next time I think we will choose the English food.

However, we will definitely return to the Swan as it is a beautiful Hotel in a stunning town and the staff were wonderful.

Room Tip: Telephone them first.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Estimate8
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a great stay at The Swan, the staff were exttremely friendly and helpful upon our arrival, the room (no 9) although on the smaller side was fine for our overnight stay. It was very nicely decorated and the bathroom very modern. The bottles of water and amble tea/coffee was very welcome. The location is very convenient and we were able to park free of charge in the hotel car park

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
The Moonraker
The Moonraker
#1 of 4 in Trowbridge

Been to Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!