“So tranquil, so beautiful, so relaxing - just perfect!”
Review of 189 April Cottage

189 April Cottage
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My daughter and I visiting the UK from Australia spent two nights of our trip at 189 April Cottage in the beginning of August. Being well off the main road It was quite tricky to find (thank god for SatNav!!) but was well worth the effort. The cottage and gardens were such a delight and Steve made us so welcome that we felt immediately at home. We stayed in the loft room (attic?) which was beautifully appointed and even though I had forgotten to tell him that we required singles, he made it no trouble to reconfigure our room and bedding. I can't say enough about how beautiful the area, cottage, breakfast and in fact the whole experience was. I am sure it must be very popular with UK visitors but I would definitely encourage any international visitors wanting to stay close to Bath and who are game enough to brave the hedgerows and narrow winding roads to stay here. I only wish we had stayed longer.

Room Tip: The views from the loft are specatacular, especially at sunset
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank leetonozzie

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I spent two days and nights at this cottage but would suggest staying minimum of 3. It is in the heart fo the countryside accessed by narrow winding lanes but only a few minutes by car from Bath. The stone cottage is beautiful and original and you will be well catered for by the owner who cooks amazing breakfasts. The whole cottage is for use by guests.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My partner and I visited April Cottage a couple of months ago but I have only just got round to writing my review. I cant rate this wonderful B&B highly enough. From the very welcoming owners to the lovely cottage and garden to the fabulous breakfast, it was just perfect. Please be advised that you are quite a way out of Bradford on Avon (but the views you have are worth it!). There is a little local pub down the lane which is a good walk and is perfect for a few drinks and a simple pub (good VFM) meal. If you want something a bit fancier you will have to travel out a bit. We went on a fantastic walk from Bradford on Avon to Bath, along the Kennet and Avon Canal, its about 10miles but its easy walking. After a spot of lunch at a great pub on the Canal (about 2.5m outside of Bath) we ended up in the beautiful City of Bath, and had a mooch around, then caught the train back (10 mins). If you are looking for a nice quiet weekend with beautiful scenery, look no further.

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Birdinmiltonkeynes
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Husband and I needed a well earned break and came across this cottage. The owner was lovely, very accommodating and even upgraded us to the kingsize room because hubby was so tall! Very clean and comfortable, a quaint home away from home. Breakfast was from the local farm shop and was lovely. Would recommend this cottage if you want somewhere romantic, quiet and peaceful with lovely country views. Ideally located between Bath and Bradford on Avon. Go, you wont regret it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

A gorgeous old building in a lovely quite location but close to lots of interesting places. The rooms are lovely and the owner is so friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is great. Definitely recommend

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I am writing a review on Saddlestone cottage which is a self catering cottage just behind 189 April Cottage, owned by the same people. We wanted to book 2 bedrooms in April cottage when we were visiting Bath. But sadly there was no availability in the B&B. Steve, the owner, kindly offered us the self catering cottage on a B&B basis. We did have a little bit of difficulty finding the place because it is tucked away from the main road. But once we were there we were absolutely impressed. It is wonderful location surrounded by fields. There is a public walkway through the fields and I would highly recommend a stroll. There is large patio area and a lovely garden. We spent a lovely evening just soaking in the views while having our drinks! The cottage itself is beautiful. It is very tastefully decorated and has everything you would need on a self catering basis. It was spotlessly clean and the linen smelled wonderful! Breakfast the next day was in April cottage (which is a 2 second walk away) and was good. I would recommend anyone visiting Bath to stay here. Bath is literally a 10 minute drive away. And this place is definitely better value for money than the pricey accommodations in Bath. I would love to return to Saddlestone cottage even if I am not visiting Bath. It is really that good!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

this is just a great bed & breakfast, the owner is really kind, the location is perfect (near Bath and upon a hill with an amazing view) and the room was very luxurious. Our dog was very welcome which was very important for us. We'll come again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple