“A welcome find and deserves success” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Teapot

The Teapot
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winchester, United Kingdom
“A welcome find and deserves success”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Came upon this small unassuming tea room in the centre of Bradford upon Avon, just over the bridge. The staff were welcoming and immediately confirmed the drill - find a seat and they would come and take the order.

The place is well laid out, nice decor and finishing touches. The menu has a great selection with details of the cakes baked by the on site owner Becky. We had the savoury tea - 2 cheese scones, extra cheese, chutney and a large pot of tea for two at £8 - an absolute bargain and the scones were awesome. The Somerset tea was very pleasant, fresh and not stewed. Well done to Becky and the team - we would come back to Bradford just for the tea room. Good luck with the expansion - you have earned it - and good luck with the Gluten free cheese scones.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Adrian H

Bath, United Kingdom
“Hidden wheat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I took my family for lunch and ordered a salad minus the bread. It arrived with pasta instead (not shown on the menu) so I sent it back explaining that I am intolerant to wheat. They brought me a "new" salad but when I got to the end of it I discovered a bit of pasta that they hadn't removed. The lady who seemed to be in charge was completely disinterested and didn't even apologise. Luckily I am not coelic but definitely one to avoid if you are as they really didn't seem to care about special dietary requirements. I rated poor not terrible because my son enjoyed his kids picnic and my husband enjoyed his sandwich.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Becky T, Owner at The Teapot, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for your experience yesterday, I have looked into the incident and I am very disappointed that you left unhappy. We accommodate all dietary requests and will go out of our way to make our customers happy, I can only apologise that we failed to do this yesterday. If you could contact me via email at theteapot@hotmail.co.uk I would really like to try and rectify our mistake. Kind regards, Becky Tyler
“Great all day breakfast and freshly baked cakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I'm always on the lookout for a good fried breakfast, and I can say the one served here is excellent, especially considering the price: £7.50 gets you the big breakfast, which is enormous and includes orange juice and a cup of tea!
However the cream teas and fresh cakes seem to be the biggest draw here.
You may struggle to get a table due it's popularity with the locals!

2 Thank Rob T
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Nice for ladies who lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I visited here for the first time with three friends for a quick lunch. I have often passed here in the car as it is on a busy junction and pleased I have actually eaten here now.
We opted to sit outside as it was a hot sunny day, the table was slow to be cleared from the previous users. There is a good menu to choose from and I chose a tuna mayonnaise sandwich on brown bread with a small side salad. It was quick to be served, was well presented and was nice and tasty.
If you like traditional straight forward food then this place is for you!

2 Thank sarahpWiltshire
Stirling, United Kingdom
“A great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fabulous savoury cream tea large cheese scone with slices of cheese and homemade chutney.
Full English breakfast with choice of toast, orange juice, filter coffee or tea, freshly cooked, delicious. Cannot recommend this place highly enough for quality.

2 Thank Jennifer B