“Lovely christmas meal”

Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Swan Inn has a thriving and busy pub, open all day and offering full English breakfasts at £6.95, coffees and cakes all day, lunches and dinners, it is the ideal location for that special occasion for your family or friends. A popular meeting place for local groups and organizations and centrally located for friends to catch up as well. The menu offers a selection of both traditional British and Asian food - it is not fusion but the best of both worlds, great for a couple or group where both spicy and more traditional food is what is required!The pub also offers 12 well appointed en suite rooms
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely christmas meal”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Not written before, but we booked our staff christmas meal - all 3 courses were excellant, the staff were on hand at all times, there was a short delay between courses but this is expected as there were plenty of other people in the restaurant and it gave us time to digest and top up our glasses.

There was plenty of choice and the food was hot when it reached us and a good choice and plenty of vegetable

Well done everyone at the Swan Hotel extremley good evening.

• Visited December 2013
hotelsavvy007, Manager at The Swan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back next year!

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“3 bad courses,”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Not written a review before, but felt compelled to write something.

Stayed at The Swan Hotel for 2 nights for work.

Meal on the first night was ok.

The meal on the second night was the worst meal I have had in recent memory.
Sat down and waited about 5 mins to order, ordered Thai starter and Thai main and a beer.
Bearing in mind that there were only 4 diners in the restaurant when I ordered, I waited about 35 mins for starter.
Table across from me had the complementary prawn crackers, I didnt.
The starter was a Thai chicken soup type dish, which arrived with absolutely no seasoning and had parsley! (meant to be coriander!!). Absolutely nothing positive to say about it. Mentioned it to the waitress.

Waited a further 12-15 mins for the main. A Thai curry and rice. What arrived was a Thai soup and mush, I have had Penang curries before and this was most definitely not. Ate the prawns only, and conveyed my disappointment, tactfully. Although I think it may have been lost on the waitress.

Ordered a second pint.

Being hungry still, I ordered a dessert. Choc brownie and white choc sauce with cream.

Waited 10 minutes for what is effectively a microwave dessert. It arrived cold. The white chocolate sauce was not as advertised. It did not taste of chocolate, maybe it was because it resembled skimmed milk, in consistency and colour.
I took a bite and took another just to be sure. Then left the table with the dessert practically untouched.

I am still hungry as I write this review.

I worked a 12hr day today and all I wanted was to to eat my dinner.
I ended up sitting down for 90 mins to be subjected to progressively worse meals.
At no point in the evening did the restaurant have more than 5 diners, including myself

The restaurant must have different chefs because my meal on the first night was ok, significantly better than I have just experienced.

Although the rooms are fine and the hotel is convenient, I will not be dining here again, and will be passing this message on to my colleagues.

You are better off with the Best Western. The rooms are not as nice, but the food is a hell of a lot better.

• Visited December 2013
This is very disturbing and we are sorry that your experience was what it was, we take this sort of feedback very seriously and have made steps to ensure this does not happen again, having spent 10 years in Asia, getting it right is very important to us and we have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again.
I am sorry I did not meet you personally during your visit but hope to have the opportunity to do so on a future occasion should you consider trying us again.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Friendly and a variety of decent food”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Well if the Swan is the 40th best restaurant in Bradford-on-Avon the other 39 must be pretty good.

We popped in for a bite to eat mid-afternoon on Saturday. The real fire in the front bar made the place feel warm and welcoming, There are several bars and a more formal dining room. It's perhaps a little old fashioned but in my view this just adds to the casual charm of the place.

Sitting near the fire we checked the extensive menu, something for everyone here - traditional pub food, specials, sandwiches, snacks, cake and Asian dishes! We chose a starter to share and mains from the Asian menu,. All seemed homemade and my stir-fried duck with noodles was particularly tasty and spicy. Prawn crackers with dips were provided with compliments from the chef. The staff could not have been more helpful or welcoming.

We won't look elsewhere when next in Bradford-on-Avon.

• Visited November 2013
UK
“Lovely desserts and dog friendly”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped in at The Swan today, after eating at another pub further out of Bradford on Avon, for dessert and coffee. They were happy for us to bring our 2 dachshunds into the bar seating area, I don't imagine they would have been allowed in the main formal dining area (not that we needed or expected that!). We had some lovely desserts and coffees, the staff were friendly and welcoming, even a waitress who was on her first shift and was a bit nervous!
All in all, very pleased with our visit.

Visited October 2013
Bath
“Disappointing dining experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We attempted to have lunch in the Swan Inn but failed miserably. In our party of three, we went up to the bar and ordered two plain ham sandwiches (no butter, spread, mustard mayonnaise) and one BLT without butter. Our pretty straight-forward order seemed to perplex the waitress; after a right kafuffle the order was placed and we sat back down at our table and waited......and waited and waited. After twenty-five minutes of waiting, we asked the waitress if there was any sign of our food to which she simply replied “it’s coming”. With only a few tables occupied, we were in disbelief that two plain ham sandwiches and one BLT could take such a long time to make.

Thirty minutes after placing our order, the food finally arrived, however two out of the three plates were incorrect. The food did look nice but it was not what we had asked for. Feeling hungry and frustrated, we could not face further waiting for the order to be corrected and so we asked if we could have a refund, which the waitress agreed to.

And so we left the Swan Inn hungry and disappointed. There are plenty of other places to eat in Bradford on Avon and we certainly won’t be returning to the Swan Inn.