“Not the best in town............”
Review of Coffee Etc

Coffee Etc
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Not the best in town............”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

There are lots of coffee shops and team rooms in town and all have something different to offer. With it's nice outside seating area in Lambs Yard this has potential but rather bland and extremely limited food is matched by a rather bland and limited level of service. Better places in town unfortunately

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Paul B
Dear Paul,
our aim is not and never was to be a gourmet restaurant, bistro or greasy spoon cafe. We have never claimed to be anything but a specialised coffee/tea house that also serves a variety of hot and cold food.
we have reviewed the menu and cannot understand how you can describe it as bland. We offer choices of salads, cold meats, hot food and a lot for vegetarians. Plus at least 10 different homemade cakes, in fact too much to mention.
Having looked at your other reviews we are not for you, having said this, what we do is not bad, it is just not to your liking.

Bradford on Avon
“A welcome addition to the many choices in Bradford on Avon”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This "no frills" coffee shop s just what it promises to be. Coffee, snacks and cakes. Your previous reviewers must have either been coincidentally misfortunate or competitors! The service is friendly, the fare good and we have never encountered any cleanliness issues in any area.
What you see is what you get, and all the better for it!
A beautiful outdoor location to sit and have a drink, and food, whilst watching the world go by.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank TimStorey
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Filthy cups and bad attitude”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Visited on Wednesday 11.06.14 for a coffee and a pot of tea @ £4.40 - I asked at the counter for a filter coffee with cream and a pot of tea for one, "I don't do cream" was the offish reply by an older lady who I think was one of the owners, no apology, so we had to have milk, (supposed to be a coffee shop I thought and what happened to customers being the most important ?) Drinks were brought out to our table, I had to return the teacup as it "seems to have missed the dishwasher" well you should bloomin well check !!! At least I did get an apology from the older gentleman who I think must be one of the owners - nice décor, nice uniform, poor hygiene, and sadly VERY poor attitude. Not one I will recommend.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank nutsache
Anthony K, Owner at Coffee Etc, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We remember you both well sitting outside our window and requested a filter coffee. It was explained that we do not serve filter, but freshly ground americano. You then asked for cream and was politely answered to that we do not serve cream but do have full fat milk. Nowadays the vast majority of coffee houses do not serve cream as this ruins the flavour of real coffee. However due to the occassional request like yours, we now serve pouring cream.
Your teacup was not filthy, but had a slight tea stain on the inside rim. This is due to our tea which are all lose leaf and sometimes can be difficult to remove. For this we apologise and did not hesitate to change. As to your reference regarding our poor attitude we cannot understand as you ordered, sat outside, I changed your cup and you left. There was no other interaction.
“Disgusted”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just started working in the area and the usual sandwich shop was closed so thought I'd try this joint.. Food was supposedly 'freshly prepared' so I was happy to shell out £4.30 for a filled take away baguette but I was not happy when they tried to charge me £1.50 for a can of coke!! I asked for chicken and bacon in my baguette and it think that's pretty self explanatory, however what I received was a small piece of French stick stuffed with wilted brown rocket leaves (I'm definitely not a salad-in-your-sandwich type of girl and was unimpressed not to have been asked) and to top it off was a mixture of chopped chicken and ham coated in a vinegary mayonnaisey gloop that looked like it came from a tub of tesco value sandwich filler.. I would have sent it back of I had more time on my lunch break! What a disappointing waste of £6! Needless to say I definitely won't be returning and I WILL be spreading the word!!!

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank EmilyandAlex93
Anthony K, Owner at Coffee Etc, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Firstly are you sure you came into coffee etc as everything you have quoted is incorrect
price of takeaway baguette is £4.10
Price of chilled coke is £1.00
We serve a large portion of a french stick dressed with mixed baby leaves that are soft and some are of a dark red colour. Roasted breast of chicken dressed, cooked bacon bits with mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice and black pepper. All the above are clearly stated on our menu. So if you 'are not a girl that does salad' I would suggest
reading the menu a second time.
it is a real shame that you did not voice your opinion at the time, as all catering places would love the chance to correct a problem before the customer walks out.
Under the guidelines and usage of tripadvisor this posting is inaccurate, untrue and defamitory if you did come into our 'joint' so I shall seek advice from tripadvisor to get this removed.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lunch May 2014”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Went for lunch here today, had to clear our table before we could sit down, owners seemed very disorganised, they didn't know who was serving, taking money or preparing food.There was lots of washing up on a table inside and on the counter. Knives being rescued from the washing up pile and wiped on a drying up cloth that looked liked it had seen better days. Food was served with a friendly smile and we didn't have to wait too long for it. They seemed to be quite disorganised and under staffed even though they were not that busy on a bank holiday. Nice to be able to sit out away from traffic. Good disabled facilities.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank 2005Karen
Anthony K, Owner at Coffee Etc, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Unfortunately on the day you visited we were short staffed and had an extremely busy day, not having had the chance to clear your particular table that you chose to sit at for which we apologise.
You mentioned our clothes had seen better days, may we inform you that not only are they washed daily the colours run and coffee grinds are dark anyway. We can promise you that all clothes are clean to start the day and get thrown away every so often. So what may appear from the outside is in fact not what you think. We apologise for seeming disorganised, but as stated above we were short staffed and our focus is always to complete an order asap.
Thank you for your comments and hope if you visit again we shall be less busy and more staffed.