“Just what we wanted, a lovely country escape!”

Stillmeadow Bed & Breakfast
and 1 more site!
Stillmeadow Bed & Breakfast
“Just what we wanted, a lovely country escape!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

We felt like home at this wonderful bed and breakfast! The hosts were incredibly courteous and went out of their way to make us comfortable and give us suggestions for the neighborhood. We were looking for a quiet retreat close to London and we booked this getaway last minute. We were thrilled with our choice. We were pregnant and celebrating our engagement anniversary and when I told Sue (a midwife & nurse in her earlier days), she not only shared a lot of helpful tips and reassured me about all my worries, but also gave us an anniversary card!

We had amazing sleep in this quiet and comfortable setting.. Our Pink room was very well equipped with thoughtfully appointed details and clean bathroom and toiletries. The breakfast was delicious and wholesome. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

I only stayed two nights during Btrip, now I am planning to bring my family in the coming summer. Nice owners, great breakfast and cozy rooms! Still not finalize the exact dates so hopefuly the rooms are still available when we come and my son can learn the good recipe from Sue! Ceci

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cecilia200006
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

GREAT hosts, could not have asked for more gracious hosts. Ed and Sue went out of their way to help our group of 9 ladies for a hen weekend. They were even highly recommended by the waiters/waitresses in the local pub...very good reputations and on first name basis.

I stayed in the Purple room, which was clean, neat and tidy. We loved all the little extras including chocolates and wide range of tea/coffees. Each bed had plenty of cushions and the mini fridges came in handy for our champagne!

Despite being a giggly group of girls, we felt very welcome. In the morning we were greeted by our smiling hosts (and the dog), and then we moved to the breakfast room where there was more than enough tea and coffee (refreshed frequently), cereals and fresh fruit and juices. I then had my pre-ordered cooked breakfast which was delicious! It even came with home made bread/toast and home made jams and honey too! VERY yummy.

Even though we were due to check out Ed and Sue were very happy for us to hang around waiting for lifts and we made use of the garden despite the cold weather.

Will be returning with the husband very soon!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank VickyTiffen
coulsdon, surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Just had a great weekend at Stillmeadow as a surprise trip from children for my getting on a bit Birthday. How lovely to arrive and find a card and box of chocs from Sue and Ed (the owners). This is a definite 4-5 star B&B with everything you could ask for in the room - all the special little touches. Sue and Ed were very attentive with plenty of information and the breakfast was extremely tasty, lots of choice. Local pub a few minutes walk which serves dinner and loads of great walks in the area. Will definitely recommend Sue and Ed and hope to return, with any luck for a bit longer next time!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 820Mary
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Collected my latest purchase, Bentley S1 1958, near Shepton Mallet and headed for Stillmeadow. It somehow took me the best part of the day to travel about thirty miles, being an unfamiliar county and car. Ran out of petrol on a dark, rainy Friday rush-hour due to inaccurate gauge as I drove over the bridge on North Parade. As a result, the whole of Bath came to a standstill. Telephoned Ed and Sue - not for the first time that traumatic day - and behold mine host promptly arrived with emergency jerrycans and led the way home. And what a home. I was made to feel so happy, safe and secure and introduced to son Jonathan. A welcome stroll to the Local for restoratives and a good dinner served by the charming Tim obliterated the awfulness of the day and I slept so well in a huge elegant room and so very comfortably. Breakfast was a delight and one just knew that this is how it is and has been and always will be because it cannot be improved upon and also so quietly and easily served that one was unaware of the mechanics involved. Of course the edible ingredients will change, but the ambience and the flow is something special. The vast acreage of garden was a pleasure to explore,and I was sorry that commitments prevented me from staying forever. Ed and Sue have created a wondrously agreeable environment and indeed one would be pleased to entertain them in one's own home, since they would provide the entertainment, and gently. I salute my Deus ex Machina and his lovely Lady. What Joy!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank antony r
Bedarieux, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is a lovely family home where guests are made really welcome. I stay regularly and dread a time when they are unable to accommodate me and I have to go elsewhere. Sue provides everything one needs - soap, shampoo, hand/body creams etc. are good quality and a godsend for anyone who needs to travel light. Everything is clean and attractive and while the dog can make a lot of noise when one first arrives he quickly settles down and is very gentle and affectionate. I would strongly recommend staying here if you enjoy quiet countryside with easy access to Bradford on Avon and Bath and a warm individual welcome.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MTB509
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

Not sure what the previous guest is talking about. We stayed in the same room and had a perfectly wonderful experience. The bed is super comfortable, the room is equipped with flat screen tv, wifi, coffee, a variety of teas, everything in the bathroom we could think of and more. The cups in the room were perfectly clean, the curtains were just fine. Breakfast was amazing in the choice offered and the owners gave us great recommendations on what to see and do and where to eat. We got a 5 star treatment. We can fully recommend this B&B and hope to have the opportunity to visit again.

Stayed December 2012