“Lovely Sunday lunch sat outside with a lovely view of the boats”
Review of Boathouse

Boathouse
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Boat House is situated overlooking the Bradford on Avon marina with excellent views of the Kennet and Avon Canal. Sourcing fresh local produce, the Boat House is the place for couples, friends and families to enjoy original canal-side dining with plenty of free parking and a separate children's play area. There's ample free parking and food is available 12-9pm daily. Choices include Salads, Steaks, Burgers, Baguettes, Sunday Roasts, Desserts and a Children's Menu is also available for younger guests. Catering for private events, special occasions and themed nights in our private function area, look out for Comedy Nights, Quizzes, Charity Events and more on our website.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Walked here from Bradford on Avon along the canal. We hadn't booked but they were able to accomodate us outside. The staff were frindly and efficient. Two had roasts, I had sea bass. Big portions, beautifully cooked with superb vegetables. We will return

1  Thank Linda H

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying locally and this place was within walking distance from where we were staying. On arrival we were asked if we wished to look at a menu for a meal, and we said we would love too. There were lots of people here, so there was a vibrancy about the restaurant, and it was light and bright too. We were shown to a table and a given a menu. Drinks and food ordered, I decided to have a good look around the place. Staff were smiling and helpful throughout my experience here, and could not fault them at all. The starter arrived which we decided to share was really good. For the main course I had the fish course which was really lovely. For dessert I decided on the cheesecake and I was not disappointed. We both had coffee to finished. A great experience for my first visit to the area. I would come here again in the future. Many thanks.

2  Thank Carole K
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had the Beef Sunday roast and it was delicious. It is in a lovely location close to the canal. Beware if you order cheese as there was masses of it. Very generous portions all round

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Came back for a weekend and was looking forward to seeing how the boathouse had turned around from the previous beef and barge, the decor looks really nice , service was great and the afternoon tea we ordered was lovely!

1  Thank amandajade01
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Booked a table as we were treating my mother in law. On arrival table was ready and waiting with a view of the marina as requested. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. There are beers and ciders available and a comprehensive wine list.
The atmosheare in the restaurant is lovely and relaxed. I did read a previous review where a meal had been spolit by children running in and out of the door to the garden area. I'm afraid this can only be prevented when the children are with parents who have respect for other diners. There have been children accompanying other diners during our two visits that were no trouble at all.
The menu had a wide choice of tempting meals. We had varying starters and main courses between us which were delicious and enjoyed by all. The portions are generous so we had no room for sweets. I did see a delicious looking sharing ice cream on a neighbouring table.
We walked to the restaurant along the canal tow path having got off the train in Bradford On Avon (barely a mile in the direction of Trowbridge).
We will definately visit again.

1  Thank valashby2