“Can't wait to go back!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Truro, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I looked online for a place for myself to have some lunch, while waiting for friends to finish some business in town. I had read about this place, and the age of it, certainly looking at the photos you can see its an old established place, very English! The service was excellent, and the Welsh Rarebit with mushrooms, was the most delicious I have ever eaten. It came with salad, and caramelised red onion chutney, mouth watering! I noticed looking through the window that the place always seems full on previous trips, so that was a good sign, and a good idea in the end to try it out. Itching there is an upstairs? If forgot to ask about seating up there, I saw people going up and down the stairs, but could have been the cloakrooms. Maybe someone can enlighten me? Oh, there was a great display of cakes, I didn't try those, but that's because of my spare tyre problem,...but they looked delicious! The Tea Rooms are easy to find, just opposite Tourist Information Centre. Enjoy!

Visited June 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Cream tea and scones in a 500-year-old building”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lovely decor in an ancient building. Two servers helped me and both were very attentive. The tea and scones were delicious, but what you are really admiring is the building and ambience of the rooms. I was seated upstairs overlooking the bridge. What a wonderful experience!

• Visited May 2014
Wotton Under Edge
“A re-appraisal”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My last review of the tea rooms was not kind and after a revisit I would like recommend them. All my previous criticisms appear to have been addressed.
We had a lovely afternoon tea where the staff were excellent.....particularly G who should rename herself Eliza and sing songs with her lovely cockney accent. She like all the staff, were very Fair Ladies indeed.
Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2014
York
“Tasty Breakfasts Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited for Sunday Morning Breakfast. A lovely old building with lots of period features whose outside walls seem to be defying gravity. Greeted by a friendly waitress who gave us excellent service. We ordered a variety of breakfasts. Scrambled eggs and bacon on toast,Creamed mushrooms on toast and a full English breakfast.
The portions were all generous and the food well cooked and presented-the bacon was particularly tasty. Accompanied with some fine teas we had a really enjoyable and relaxed breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
Horsham
“Relaxed visit; excellent food and drink”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Visited in a party of six; we got great service and the food was simply delicious. We didn't do the three-tier afternoon tea, each of us choosing for the menu: sandwiches, Caesar salad, cakes, ice creams, all very tasty indeed. Thank you ladies!

Visited June 2014