“LUNCH AT THE BRIDGE TEA ROOMS, BRADFORD ON AVON”
Review of Bridge Tea Rooms

Bridge Tea Rooms
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I had lunch today with a friend at the Bridge Tea Shop. What a find. The manager and his staff were most attentive and courteous. My friend and I shared a sandwich and cream tea and lots of Darjeeling tea served in delightful bone china cups and saucers. The young waitress was dressed in traditional costume of a black dress and a beautiful crisp white cap and apron which certainly added to the charm of the establishment. The bill was very reasonable, too.
They are very definitely worthy of the accolades showered upon then.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I found ourselves in Bradford on Avon over lunch time and was looking for somewhere to get a "lite snack".
Having lived in the area all my life it seemed strange that this cafe had never been on my radar so in we popped.
What a pleasant surprise! We were shown upstairs by a very polite and curteous "manager" (dressed differently from the others) attended by a young lady who was dressed in appropriate attire; ordered from a very comprehensive menu (welsh rarebit with bacon and basil for me and tomato soup for the wife) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
The waitresses all seemed very fit as there, obviously, were lots of stairs for them to negotiate each day. (It appeared that the kitchens were on the top floor with seating on the lower two floors).
When the bill arrived we thought they had made a mistake and not charged enough!! Very good value for what was an excellant snack.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We always come here when we are in the area and have never been disappointed. It is a lovely atmosphere and they deserve all the awards they have received.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We first visited 15 years ago and were so pleased to find it still there. Very central, old and quirky. Watch your head on the way in. Very nice atmosphere and friendly efficient service. At first the menu looked rather pricy but when the food arrived you could see why, even the sandwiches came as a plate full with a huge side salad. Try and leave room for one of the delicious cakes. Tea was in large pots and delicious. To my taste the coffee didn't live up to the tea, but did come with a free top up.
Recommended.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was brought to this tea room by a friend who has visited many times in the past. The setting is lovely and the whole place is decorated to reflect the age of the building. The waiting staff were dressed in victorian style which I found really lovely. We had a late lunch and were not disappointed. My friend had a ploughmans lunch, which looked lovely whilst I had a bagette. Prortions were great and the food was lovey, though a little pricey for a lunch. The staff were friendly and inviting.