“A two night break.”
Review of Guyers House Hotel

Guyers House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Corsham
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My sister and I were having a trip down memory lane visiting Corsham and surrounding area; it was a nostalgic visit as we lived in Corsham during our childhood. Staying at Guyers House was the perfect location and we couldn't have chosen anywhere better, The quality, friendly service was excellent and we were made to feel comfortable and valued clients. Dinner on the night of our arrival was included as well as two breakfasts and the following day two friends joined us for lunch; the food was very good and we were complimented on our choice of venue for our reunion. I am over from Australia and Guyers Hotel is as good, if not better, than anywhere I have stayed there. Our thanks for making our stay so pleasant; I will happily recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sally H

Reviewed 17 September 2013

4 of us were on a Living Social Deal which was B and B plus dinner. Hotel was until a few years ago a Conference Centre but has transformed itself into a really comfortable hotel with excellent rooms (most in new buildings away from the original house) and first class dining. The Head waiter who had only been there for 5 weeks was superb and he and his team provided great service and food. Hotel has croquet and tennis if you are feeling sporty and set well off the main A4 ensured a quiet and peaceful break with a comfortable lounge and separate bar area. Excellent priced dinner set menu and a la carte as well-good choice and food quality on our visit was outstanding

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marg48
Reviewed 8 September 2013

2 nights for conference.room in outer area were of good deco and comfortable,breakfast very good.Evening party meal was good with excellent service by the young ladies. Service at bar was very good, and they went extra mile to accommodate us

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

My husband booked a 3 night stay via late rooms paying for a superior room. This was our last get away before our babies arrival with a celebration of my birthday and 1st wedding anniversary. Well when we arrived we were checked in by Adam told of the location of our room. When we set foot in to it we were very disappointed with the box sized room.. My husband went to the reception to see if we could upgrade as Adam was serving a lady served him and said all the superior rooms were taken. So he asked what room we were in and told just a double... There was nothing she could do and would deduct money for each night stay.. My husband came back a little annoyed wondering if they would of still over charged us if we hadn't gone to them? Shortly after my husband had come back to the room we had a nock on the door from Adam the chap who checked us in, the duty manager? Well he asked for a minute of our time and apologised for the mess up and that it wasn't acceptable and asked for us to book my birthday meal with them the following day on the house drinks included, regardless of which menu we ordered from etc... 3 minutes after Adam had left our room he phone and said he could place us in the bridal sweet for the night and would try and resolve the room situation by the next day with Neil the general manager. The bridal room was much better but the bathroom was uncomfortably hot. The bedroom telly was a little too small to cuddle on the bed to watch. The next day we met Neil and was told to continue our stay in the room which we were more than happy to do so! That night we ate at the restaurant my husband was satisfied with the quality of the food unfortunately I wasn't my spiced vegetable soup tasted only like a onion bhaji and my main a steak started off well done but became pink in the middle and my chips weren't cooked enough and still crunchy raw. Upon checking out we were given our bill and seen that we were charged for having a meal off the la carte menu and for my steak and our drinks, after mentioning that Adam had said it wasn't to be a problem off the menu choice they were removed but the drinks remained. We were happy with the customer service received to fix our issue but won't be returning due to the hotel not being what we thought.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for 1 night and booked it as we had stayed in a similar hotel called Tortwortg Court a few months earlier and believed it would be like that, unfortunately it was not.
The grounds are lovely but the rooms are lacking. We stayed in the deluxe room (and were told it was the honeymoon suite) it was large but unfortunately the decor is dated and very tierd. Our room was next to the kitchen so when you went into the bathroom you could hear the generator all the time and it was also really hot as a result. The velux window in the bathroom also looked like it had never been cleaned. The room however was clean and tidy and the bed comfy.
The TV provided was unexpectedly small (about 27") and was in a really awkward location so it wasnt really watchable when laying in the bed, the remote was also a little unresponsive.

The hotel is quite expesive, though you would expect this. The food however is the saving grace of this hotel. We ate from the bar menu and it was fantastic! I can only imagine how nice the main menu food was likely to be.

Overall, I wouldnt normally mention or complain on such petty things but the fact we paid £130 a night to stay here we were expecting something amazing and it didnt live up to this. We funnily enough stayed in a Premier Inn the next night which cost £30 and had better facilites and a much newer, better interior than this hotel for a fraction of the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Reviewing a selection of hotels on the net, I decided that Guyers House Hotel seemed to offer roughly what I was looking for to celebrate our forthcoming anniversary and I was not disappointed in any way. The setting of the Hotel is perfect , easy to get to but isolated enough to let you feel you are in the middle of the countryside. The grounds are beautifully kept and large enough to accommodate many attributes. It would be difficult to compliment the staff sufficiently for their excellent service they afforded us. They were all genuinely pleasant and cheerful individuals who put themselves out to give you good service and we applaud them for their efforts. Food was particularly tasteful and beautifully presented although I personally thought that the portions could be a little more generous. The accommodation we booked proved ideal. Spacious and clean with a pleasant view over the front gardens and pond. All in all a very pleasant stay from our viewpoint and we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the front of the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We loved this place. A beautiful historic building, comfortable room, quiet location, lovely grounds. Food was very good, and staff were great, and very friendly. We can't wait to return. I should imagine that this would be a magical venue for a wedding. Lacock village and Abbey nearby shouldn't be missed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front lawn
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barrie G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corsham
Beechfield House
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
Widbrook Grange
Widbrook Grange
#1 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon

Been to Guyers House Hotel? Share your experiences!