Review Highlights

lovely place

Reviewed 3 September 2017
Jez S
Bath, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We occasionally drive the 50miles or so to Corsham for a few hours to revisit old haunts (I grew up there). The last time we visited we discovered the Pound having just completed a circular walk around my old home. It used to be a local primary school and I hadn’t realised it had changed usage. Having enjoyed coffee and cake that time, we decided it was going to be a regular port of call on our visits. This time we had lunch and it didn’t disappoint. Hubby had a Happy salad and I chose a toasted sandwich with a side salad. My meal was delicious; a full plate of salad leaves, beans, couscous and pine nuts with whole meal toasted sandwiches on the side. Healthy eating at its best, friendly service, relaxed atmosphere. I’m looking forward to our next visit.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Georgiegirl49
Reviewed 3 September 2017

All sorts of plays/entertainment/film screenings etc. in the evenings. A lovely art gallery where you can actually buy the art. All sorts of dance, drama, music, art clubs and lessons. A lovely cafe. Free parking, free entry. you can just sit in the cafe and work and they wont mind

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 3 November 2016

We saw Dracula here on Halloween and Jay Rayner. Will keep an eye on the rest of their program, nice intimate venue. Good bar too.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank BonbonAnna
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

This was our first visit to this venue and what a really pleasant experience it was.

My husband and I arrived about 45 minutes before the start of the show. We found parking was easy. A cup of coffee in the cafe was just what we needed.

I'm not sure how, but we managed to get front row seats. We had a clear and unobstructed view of what was a superb show.

We are now on The Pound's mailing list and we are eagerly waiting for or next visit.

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank janew861
Reviewed 20 August 2016

The guys here work really hard to put on a very wide range of activities - art exhibitions, films, live music, classes. There's also an excellent small cafe. A wonderful community hub.

Date of experience: August 2016