US$268
Priceline
Norbin Farm(Corsham)
21 Park Lane(Corsham)
1,194 results
All reviewsthe main housequirky hotelnew buildingdavid baileyrocking horseguinea fowlroll top bathcourse mealkippersweekend breakfood was lovelybeautiful groundscountry housetwo night staymarcoartworkphotographs
Reviewed 24 March 2014

As many have , read previous reviews and always try to take a balanced view. Our room in the main building was adequate but far from spotless , needed a good spring clean , bed very comfortable , yes tv is small and too far from the bed.Usual tea, coffee , toiletries in the room . Staff were excellent and food is good but menu very limited,have not worked out why this is. Breakfast was very good of what was available .On the second night we ate at the Pear Tree as part of the deal , equally as limited menu for the deal . It was quite busy ( they would have known that in advance)service not as good in fact say no one seemed to grab hold of who was doing what and what was going on . There were a few unhappy customers around us with poor service and food , for us the food was actually very good , also note wine was priced very sensibly .Summed up as probably very good value for money on the living social deal.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Golf95
Reviewed 23 March 2014

So, we read the reviews, some good, some not so good but the Living Social deal was extremely good value and we needed to get away from a while so we took a chance. On arrival, I was very pleased with my choice, lovely looking building, and the décor actually matched the photographs. This is my chance to high 5 the bar manager and reception staff - the rest was down hill from there - in short - go somewhere else. The room was exactly to my liking, very old fashioned, with a roll top bath in the bedroom - lovely. BUT, the television was the size of a small computer screen and if we had any intention of watching it we would have had to peep between the bars of the bed. Also, it was freezing cold, not very clean and the kettle and bedside lamp took turns to click on and off all night - bizarre. On first glance, I loved the bar area, really quirky with lots of paraphernalia to look at, but it's all wrong - there are 3 authentic looking old fashioned football tables, two pool tables and a gorgeous jukebox but it looks as though someone has won the lottery, brought the lot and couldn't decide where to put it all. If you wanted to play darts you would have to throw over the heads of the people playing pool and if there were a group of you, there would be no room to sit together. The restaurant had a choice of 3 dishes, but you had to pay extra for steak - really ???? surely Lidls or Aldi could have helped out here. No vegetarian option, unless you specifically ask and the waitress (full of apologies) had to go away and find out what it was, (risotto) My starter was fine but my husband's pate was so salty he couldn't finish it. His main course liver & bacon was very dry. We got talking to two other couples, who both felt the same as us, it was like being in a quirky, Harry Potter set, as long as your eyesight is good you'll like it. The next morning I was unwell and had to go home, not blaming the food at all, just needed my own bed BUT it would have been nice if the receptionist had been a bit more attentive and perhaps asked "WHY" we wee booking out a day earlier than booked. Mr Pierre White - you need to sort your chain before you put it to your name.

Room Tip: I've no idea - we spoke to 2 other couples who both felt the same their rooms. We all accept that this is a very old hotel and we didn't expect perfection but cleanliness should be taken as the normal.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindylou048
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We decided to have a getaway visit to Bath as I had never been and needed something fun to look forward to. After spending too many hours looking through Luxury stays at hotels, I came across Rudloe Hotel which looked exactly what I was looking for.

Arrived at the hotel late afternoon, the grounds & building were a delight to see in the Spring sunshine.

On arrival, we were greeted by a very nice young lady at reception who covered all the necessary check in details, arranged for us to have a table for dinner that night and directed us to our room.

The room was nice, had a lovely 4-poster bed which was very comfortable. Our room over looked beautiful grounds. If I could change one thing or give constructive criticism . . The TV in the room was tiny and I think in a place of this standard they could splash out on a decent mounted screen on the wall.

After a hot shower and freshen up, we went down to the bar and games room which was brilliant. Played a couple of games of pool (which was free) and chatted to the barman (whom is a legend & has the best moustache ever!) Went on for dinner which was impressive and the staff attentiveness spot on.

A comfortable nights sleep followed and opened the curtains the following morning to gleaming sunshine flooding through the windows. A good choice of breakfast options available and we opted for the full English. Once again, food was very good and staff lovely.

Checked out and went for a walk around the grounds . . Certainly the best weekend for weather that we have had so far this year.

On our way back towards the M4, we stumbles across Castle Coombe not far from Rudloe and spent a magical few hours in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen!

I don't think this little getaway could have been any better . .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danni G
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed here last minute for 2 nights on a business trip, and had read the reviews on here and as always, I went with an open mind. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The receptionist was friendly whilst checking in, I was directed to my room in the separate building which was bright, clean, modern and spacious. It was very quiet too which I enjoyed. It had a fab big bathtub as well as a separate shower.

I went up to the main hotel for dinner in the restaurant, I ordered a glass of wine which was lovely, the beetroot starter which was a big plate of thinly sliced beetroot overlapping & covering the plate (more than enough for one, in fact I had it the night after as well it was so good and shared it this time with a friend!) with chunks of goats cheese and walnuts sprinkled over it, delicious. The main meal of grilled fillet of sea bream was delicious, plenty of potatoes and I ordered an extra side of veg, can highly recommend it. All the staff in the restaurant were very polite and friendly.

The second night I had a drink in the bar first, cool quirky bar, would have been nice to have a few more comfy seating areas, rather than stools, as the only comfier area was reserved. Loved the decor in the main house, mixing the modern with the old style building.

Breakfast was also good and offered everything you really needed.

My only negative was that there wasn't any bottles of water available in the rooms, tea & coffee was however provided. Bearing in mind this part wasn't attached to the main house, or near a shop, I had to ask for and pay for a bottle of water after dinner to take back to me. A basic requirement for me.

Lovely setting and grounds, I can imagine it being even nicer in the warmer weather being able to enjoy the outdoors.

Thank you very much, I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HampshireGinger
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Booked on the living social offer 2 nights bed breakfast and GOURMET evening meal. Was very worried after all the bad reports, so when we checked in advised the receptionist this. She sent us to room 6 big mistake room tired, bed had two mattress on it, why you may ask. well this tried to cover up the fact that when you lay down you ended up in the middle of the bed. Straight back to reception and sent to the new block two minute walk from the hotel. This room was fine bit like a travel lodge room, clean and functional. But wait for it, it had no electricity back on to reception, and were upgraded to a suite. Thank goodness for that. Maybe we could finally enjoy our weekend away. Booked for gourmet evening meal at 8.00, after half hour wait received our gourmet soup! After three quarters of an hour received our gourmet sausage mash and gravy! Breakfast was lovely full English breakfast. Second gourmet meal was spent 10 minute drive away to another of Marco's restaurants The Pear Tree. Restaurant was fine but pub food not gourmet. All the staff we met were fantastic very helpful. Marco if you are reading this, please get a grip and don't put your name to anything that you cannot live up to. After all reputation is everything! No wont be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple