“A very good hotel in a pretty town.”
Review of Methuen Arms Hotel

Methuen Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Corsham
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed on a Friday night breaking the journey between London and Exeter. I had forgotten to book for dinner on booking the room but they slotted us in straight away and the food was excellent. We had the pork and the cod and both were first class, as were the starters and the cheese course.
Corsham is quite a bit bigger than I had thought and our room (2) faced the chippy and kebab shop at the end of the High Street so I was a little concerned that we'd be entertained by late night diners but that wasn't the case at all. We arrived on the hottest day of the year and with no air con or fans kept the windows open and slept like a log in the big and comfortable bed.
Breakfast too was excellent and all the food at both meals was local and well sourced.
I have seen comments about slow service and rudeness on here and while there may be some validity to the former (particularly at breakfast when the coffee took it's time) the staff could not have been friendlier.
Overall, not a cheap option, but a good hotel and restaurant.

Room Tip: Traffic on the main road can get busy, if that's an issue get a room at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alan morgan

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We went to the Methuen for a leaving party very disappointed will not go again. We ordered wine and water and had to ask several times before we got it. The service is very poor. The portion sizes for starters and main courses are very small the only normal size servings were for desert. Will not waste my money here when there are far better places to eat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by friends having not been for some years. The food was fantastic we had the set menu for lunchtime celebration. Good value for money. The service was exceptional, even though it was very busy. They have 2 outside spaces and we enjoyed the garden area. I will certainly return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the week for 5 months. The rooms are very well presented, equipped and spotlessly clean. The restaurant and bar are excellent. The staff are very friendly. I would recommend for both business and pleasure trips.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We arrived on Saturday night,greeted by Agnes,who could not have been more helpful.Jamie made a fine Martini.Very comfortable room,excellent breakfast served by Tina.They do not serve breakfast in the room but I was allowed to take up a full English to my wife.It really was difficult to find a fault.Maybe the coffee was a bit weak,but how picky should you be!

Room Tip: Our Room looked on to the Court Yard.Ask for number 8
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Having been to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff to see the Heineken Cup final we needed somewhere on the way back to London to stay the night and have dinner. We chose the Methuen Arms and it was a very pleasant surprise. There should be many more places like this in England. Admittedly it was not cheap but it was very good quality both in terms of food and accommodation. The young staff were really friendly and obviously enjoyed working there which is always a good sign. My bedroom was excellent with a really nice bathroom. The bed was ideal, the shower excellent and the towels soft. As I have stayed in hundreds of hotels across the world these things are very important to me! The Methuen Arms delivered!

Room Tip: Room 11 is a good room to chose. Spacious with a large bathroom. I was impressed. It also had a four...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal here at a large family party,best lamb I have ever tasted,good friendly service with very helpful staff. If I didn't live so close to Corsham would definitely stay here for a weekend break.

• Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corsham
1 mi away
Lucknam Park
Lucknam Park
#1 of 1 in Colerne
Fieldways Hotel & Health Club

Been to Methuen Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!