“A delightful meal in the hotel restaurant”
Review of Casa Hotel

Casa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Chesterfield
England
“A delightful meal in the hotel restaurant”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

There are lots of good restaurants to choose from in the North Derbyshire/Peak District area but Casa should be on your short list. It's a sophisticated restaurant on the first floor of the hotel. A modern, clean, imaginatively decorated restaurant, with ambient lighting and despite overlooking a huge Supermarket, you would never know. You could be anywhere in the world and the window screening and soundproofing ensures that the calm sophisticated atmosphere is retained. Delightfully friendly staff, great service and remarkably good food, at a reasonable price. Not cheap but worth it. Give it a try, elegance and class have arrived in Chesterfield!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
stuartdownham, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear sunseekerpam,

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay at Casa and had an enjoyable meal in Cocina. We are extremely proud of our team and are very happy that you found them to be friendly and the service to a high standard.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stuart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

All good however....don't expect it to be quiet if you're thinking of opting for the hot tub room ....!! It's directly above a disco that goes on til 1am and its LOUD to say the least ! Mirrors vibrate etc!
Lovely breakfast n great staff ! Room fantastic ! Hot tub is AMAZING and very private considering the location!
Wud I stay here again ....yes!.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Kellyg118118,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Casa Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to apologise that on this rare occasion we failed to inform you that there was a function on the evening of your stay. We do have 2 suites with hot tubs and make it our policy to allocate any guests not attending the event the alternative suite. We apologise that on this occasion it did not happen.

We are delighted that everything else about your stay was pleasant and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

London
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We recently stayed at the Casa hotel in Chesterfield and used it as a base for visiting the annual Country fair at Chatsworth House. This is always a busy weekend in the area with many of the hotels full or near capacity; however Casa managed to maintain a relaxed and hassle free environment, ensuring friendly service throughout our stay.

We travelled on this occasion with our 6 month old daughter and the staff were very helpful, ensuring a travel cot was available for us and assisting us where required. Again the staff at the hotel were great with our daughter, taking time to say hello and really going the extra mile. The room was clean and fresh, well-appointed and stylish, the only disappointment was the shower, which although very good, didn't live up to expectations of a 'rain shower' ...certainly not the torrential downpour I was expecting but good enough for a soaking!

Overall, if you are going to stay in Chesterfield, I would highly recommend this hotel, comfortable beds, climate controlled rooms, good restaurant and trendy bar, friendly staff and an enjoyable stay, but this is a hotel really only to be used as a base for exploring further afield as Chesterfield itself, and the location of the hotel are not exactly tourist traps, but a good trendy, modern hotel to base yourself at none the less!

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably a little quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
stuartdownham, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear bsugs,

Thank you for your review on Casa Hotel. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

As you pointed out, we are in a perfect location to visit numerous tourist attractions including Chatsworth House, Hardwick Hall and Bolsover Castle. I hope you enjoyed your time at Chatsworth House, it is always a lovely weekend.

The rainshowers have a regulator on the head of the shower which can be adjusted varying on the pressure preferred. If you would like us to show you this on your next visit then please don’t hesitate to ask.

Hull, England
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My wife and I decided to spend a couple of days in the area taking in some of the wonderful sights of Derbyshire and was very disappointed that the usual hotel that we stay in was fully booked so we had to look elsewhere. What a find this was, the service from the staff is exceptional, friendly, helpful and courteous, we had a problem with the sound of the television in our room which was sorted immediately and without fuss. The room was beautiful, clean, bright and a delight to be in and I have never stopped talking about the bathroom and the exceptional walk in shower and the wonderful toiletries that were provided together with the superb buscuits that were left in the room each day. The Dinner was without doubt magnificent and I cannot recall enjoying a fillet steak so much in my life, the asparagus starter was too good to be true and was accompanied with a poached egg that made the dish delightful - together with the exquisite sauce. My wife decided to go for the chicken as a main course and she thought it was superb (she also had the asparagus starter and felt the same as I did). To end the meal I went for the Cheesecake which was mouth watering and my wife went for the cheeseboard and mixed biscuits which she adored. The only down side (for me) was the breakfast, the sausage was 'proper' butchers sausages which I don't like at all but my wife really liked them and the bacon - it looked lovely but sadly it had been cooked in the oven as was the sausage and I thought that all of the real taste was lost, I would have preferred ordinary pork sausages and grilled or even fried bacon as I believe the quality would have been superb - I hate to be negative but I think the hotel should look at this as an option as I overheared another couple expressing their disappointment that the meat was cooked in the oven and that it was overdone and tasteless. We cannot wait to visit again and was amazed how quiet the room was whn you think that it is between 2 main roads, we never heard a thing! Well done!

Room Tip: I would imagine that all of the rooms are quiet as we could'nt hear any traffic at all.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Ian O,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review we are happy that yourself and your wife and such a pleasant stay. We are very proud of our team here at Casa and have passed on your comments to them.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal in Cocina. The majority of our produce is sourced from our organic farm, including your steak. We believe that the freshness of the meat allows for the optimum flavour. The same is applicable to our sausages. Our current method of cooking is to oven the bacon and sausages then grill them to finish. If you prefer anything cooked differently please do not hesitate to ask and we will accommodate to your preference where we can.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

North Wales
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night (Friday) at the Casa hotel. I selected it because of the Spanish slant as he is Spanish and I thought he would enjoy.
We booked the special Friday night deal of DBB for £120 which I thought was good value.
Although all the staff we met were very pleasant I was surprised to find only one was actually Spanish although another was learning the language.
I feel sure because of the name of the hotel, restaurant (Cocina) and bar (Barca) that many Spanish visitors to Chesterfield would choose to stay there and would indeed expect Spanish to be widely spoken.
The room and bathroom were nice, clean and with all necessary amenities supplied. Although we were overlooking the main road we could hear no traffic noise.
Food in the restaurant was good and well displayed. It was an interesting menu with plenty of choices.
We loved the photographs on the walls of the family through the ages - a nice touch giving you an insight into just how well they have done in business.
My husband was disappointed that no Pedro Ximenez was available although it was on the bar menu. However, there was a good choice of interesting wines.
Casa is more of a business hotel and it supplies a good standard.
However, if you want something a little special where you feel more of a person and less of a number we would highly recommend the Peak Edge at the Red Lion which is not far away.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClaraM
stuartdownham, Owner at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Clara M

I'm glad you chose CASA Hotel. I'm sorry that on this particular occasion you didn't meet anyone who spoke Spanish. I, and my family, are half Spanish and we also have a number of Spanish speakers in CASA. However, we do employ a lot of local staff and I'm sure, if you have read the reviews on my hotel, you will see what a great team we have. My company is very proud to be one of the major employers in Chesterfield.

I'm glad you had a great meal in our two rosette restaurant, and that you enjoyed seeing the pictures of my Spanish father; indeed many of the recipes we use are his old family ones. There must have been a misunderstanding, we certainly have Pedro Ximenez in stock - it's one of my favourites!

Like the Peak Edge hotel which you mention in your review, we are very much an independent, family run hotel and I am sorry my family and I didn't get to meet you during your stay. However, when you return for a stay in the future I would be delighted to make your acquaintance.

Steve Garcia Perez
(owner of Casa Hotel and Global Brands)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

A disappointing experience! On arrival we were checked in by a friendly member of staff, so far so good. As the hotel is reasonably new all looked well, however not luxurious and as we paid 110£ we would have expected a bit more.However when we came in theroom the televison did not work, without trying to be fussy, the bathroom was not spotlessly clean and on top of that there were some stains on the sheets! Above it all when we decided to have something to eat in the restaurant we had to wait a full 2 hours to get what we orderd!! However the breakfast in the morning was lovely ! Overal it was okay but would not stay there again as for that price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Soya P
stuartdownham, Operations Director (Mark Thurman) at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Soya P

I am sorry that you experienced a few issues during your stay. Regrettably we are yet to receive a response from you regarding the issues you have raised on trip advisor so we cannot thoroughly investigate them. I can assure you that the issues raised have nonetheless been addressed as best we are able to with the limited information we have to go on and these issues are certainly not indicative of our normal standards, as other reviews will testify. If you would like to contact me personally to discuss I would be very grateful for your time and direct feedback.

Kind Regards

Mark Thurman
Operations Manager
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Casa Hotel in Chesterfield is a real 4 star hotel and compared to pretty much everything else in Chesterfield its streets ahead. You can get cheap deals around but dont expect much even from the Premier Travel Inn. I get my Casa hotel for £90 including breakfast which is awesome so if you have to pay £60 for Premier Travel Inn and remember another £8-10 for breakfast go to the Casa for the extra £20. Lovely comfortable beds, a great experience for a extra £20. For me now when i have to pay £65 at the Premier Inn i go to the Casa.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear bsugs,

The rainshowers have a regulator on the head of the shower which can be adjusted varying on the pressure preferred. We aim to keep them on the middle setting however on this occasion yours must not have been checked.

Stuart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Peak Edge Hotel
Buckingham's Hotel
Buckingham's Hotel
#13 of 15 in Chesterfield
The Morley Hayes Hotel

Been to Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!