“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Chesterfield
Esher
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here for one night when celebrating my parents wedding anniversary nearby. My elderly parents in their eighties also stayed and had a disabled room. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, particularly the receptionists. After settling in we went to the bar for tea. This was disappointing as I did not expect to be served with a teacup, a tea bag in it and a pot of hot water. Not what I'm used to in a 4 star hotel. Surely it's not much of an effort to have a pot of tea and a separate pot of hot water. And I had to ask for milk!

This was just a small gripe as the rooms were good with very comfortable beds. The bathrooms have large showers over the bath. Surprisingly there are no rooms with walk in showers apart from the disabled rooms which have wet room. I saw my parent's wet room which was huge, bedroom slightly smaller to compensate, but the washbasin was tiny with nowhere to put washbag. It appeared to be designed for wheelchair users which neither of my parents is but they would not be able to climb into a bath to shower.

The hotel kindly put slippers and robes in my parents room and we all had complimentary bottled water in the fridge, a nice touch.

Breakfast was excellent with a good choice and locally produced high quality eggs, bacon and sausages. Although it was self service a member of staff kindly took my parents order and brought it to the table, seeing that they were elderly.

Overall it was a perfect place to spend the night and I would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear ChanFamilyEsher

Thank you for your great review. I apologise for the error regarding your tea in the bar, I can assure you that it is not our standard and this has been addressed. Your comments regarding rooms not having a walk in shower surprise me, the vast majority of our rooms are all walk in showers with a small percentage having a bath with shower above. I can only assume that we either had all of our deluxe rooms with walk in showers occupied or that you may have requested a bath in your room and as a result got a shower above the bath. We have since put further shelving in the accessible rooms to allow for space to put a washbag.

I am please you have highlighted these small niggles to us and I am glad that we have been able to resolve them for future visits.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Dronfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Checkin efficient and courteous. Got room which was clean and spacious, however being a special occasion (my wife's birthday) I asked if there was a suite available. The person I spoke to was extremely accommodating and with a small uplift in our nightly rate offered me what must be said to be one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. The balcony with hot tub was fantastic!
We had a drink in the bar followed by a meal in the restaurant.
I have stopped in many hotels on business in many different countries and therefore am not easily impressed. However I have to say that you need to tastes the rib eye steak with chips and then compare with every other steak meal you have ever had! Absolutely fantastic, not the cheapest but definitely the best.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheArchBrowns

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantatic review. The Jacuzzi suites are great rooms for a special occasion and such value for money. I am pleased you enjoyed dining in our 2 rosette restautrant, we get many good comments about our steaks, this is certainly due to the quality of produce provided by our owners farm just four miles away.

Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I live fairly locally to the CASA and use it regularly for business purposes but have NO direct or commercial benefit in posting this.
I managed to persuade our national car club to have their Winter Ball there for the second year running, not that I had to try very hard such was the success of last year. The CASA staff could not have been more helpful in allowing us to take over the hotel for the weekend. Club flags on the flag poles, banners in the car park, our cars in the entrance, even the owner displayed some of his own car collection for us, an area cordoned off for our own members parking. Nothing was too much trouble. Then we come to the service in the hotel, if you want to put on a large event I couldn't think it possible to have a more helpful team of people to make it a success.
The meals / food quality and service were first class not only for our Saturday dinner but the buffet on Friday as well, and I mustn't forget to mention the breakfast to die for!!
You could also spend all your time in the room, the beds are unbelievably comfortable, you even get real milk in the fridge and all the modern electronic gadgetry you need.
Thank you CASA for helping us to put on a fantastic event for our club.

Room Tip: They are all fantastic, but you could ask for a junior suite or even a spa room. A bit of noise fr...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dave B

It was great to welcome you all back again to CASA and I am delighted that you once again enjoyed your weekend with us. Your feedback has been shared with the entire team and we really appreciate the time you have taken to provide it.

Clonmel, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times on business. It really is an excellent hotel. Staff are extremely friendly and obliging. Rooms are a reasonable size and very well decorated.
Location is good as is near motorway. Food in bar is good and very informal there. Breakfast is very good.
Would certainly recommend.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Pat H

Thank you for your review. As a regular guest it is wonderful that you take the time to share your feedback. The Barca Bar team are delighted to read that you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere created in there, perfect for business travellers.

North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've had the pleasure of stopping here a few times now so although this review is specific to my latest visit I can honestly say it reflects fairly all my previous stays.
This hotel is excellent, they think of everything, the room is super, the service and staff are excellent, especially in restaurant where I was not only looked after but also valued as a customer, this shone through.
I don't need to say anymore, except food at breakfast and evening meal were great and along with those the value for money principle applies, well done staff and management!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Toyotaverso

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review. As a repeat customer it is wonderful to know that we consistently deliver on the things that matter to you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting friends - husband chose hotel.

Convenient for the motorway and easy enough to find as it's on the dual carriageway. Check in was smooth and pleasant, staff were great.

The room was large enough for the two of us, and the bed was certainly big enough and very comfortable. Nice to have a carton of milk rather than the usual sachets, and the homemade biscuits were a nice touch too! I would have liked more that 2 coffee sachets though (I know there were 2 decaff as well but decaff coffee isn't my thing)...TV was ok, although we didn't make much use of it as we were out for the evening and checked out at 11am next day.

Bathroom big enough, rain shower worked well. Good complementary shampoo etc.

Breakfast - we had ours included in the cost of the room otherwise a full English is £12.50 a head. For the price, I would have expected the food to have been warmer than it was because the beans, mushrooms and hash browns were all decidedly cool which was surprising given that the breakfast room was really busy and there was an almost constant queue for plates and food.

Whilst we had a great nights sleep and the room was nice enough, I think that the price might well be a little on the high side but in fairness it probably reflects that it attracts a number of business travellers who want something better than average as well as tourists and functions etc.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Scubatwo

Thank you for taking the time to review CASA. It is great to read so many positives. We have taken your comments regarding coffee on board as well as the temperature of a few of our breakfast items, this has been addresssed and rectified.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

once again CASA Hotel in chesterfield has excelled itself in every way. Staff so helpful and courteous and they make you feel at home. The standard of the rooms and the quality of the furniture is second to none. The most comfortable beds in any hotel. The food in the restaurant is as good as you will get anywhere and well worth the visit. This hotel just shouts quality.
yours in faith Chris D

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Christopherd65

It is great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. it is particularly pleasing to read that you felt made to feel at home, this is exactly how we want our guests to feel.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Peak Edge Hotel
Premier Inn Chesterfield North Hotel
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
#10 of 15 in Chesterfield

Been to Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!