“Reasonable value but not without issues”

Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Chesterfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Verona, Italy
“Reasonable value but not without issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Good points: good sized rooms, comfy beds and choice of pillows. Good and reasonably priced buffet breakfast.
Not so good: very annoying door keys which can need 20 scans or more before your room door will open. Car park can fill up mid week. Pathetic lift, with very intrusive "doors opening...doors closing" voices all night if your room is nearby. Soap container in shower left empty by maid all week. Low prices attract noisy louts at 3:00AM and smelly builders at breakfast. Noisy road location if you open your window (but double glazing effective if closed). Left luggage room tiny and they'd lost the keys when I returned. Lethal pedestrian access to town via busy roundabout/dual carriageway.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear dlight42,I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Chesterfied Centre wasn’t up to expectations. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating your points of concern. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback as this will enable me to continually improve on the customer care service we provide.Kind regards, Janet Cummings General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Heckmondwike, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room was clean and tidy with everything you would need for your stay, Its only mintues walk from the town centre which is a bonus,the only problem was crossing the round on a large roundabout,we did have problems getting into our room, twice the key card didnt work, and it was annoying having to go up and down the stairs,has we could never get the lift with it been busy, we were told by the hotel staff that it happens all the time,but all in all a good value hotel

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear happy 469Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Chesterfield Centre and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Salisbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Ok for an overnight stay for us. Room clean but very hot even when turned heating off, couldnt open window on a roundabout and noisy!
Staff fine not the most helpful but ok didnt stay for breakfast as was only a continental one offered.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank poshpawsSalisbury
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Chesterfield Centre Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Darwen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Great hotel very clean good value money my only gripe is that cant get drink at bar after midnight which is bizzare for a hotel in today's world overall good clean budget room in centre close to centre

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ebeeson
Dear Mr Beeson, Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

I was in Chesterfield for 3 nights a family wedding. The hotel suited me very well and I found all the staff very pleasant and helpful. As I am in my late 70's it can be quite daunting staying on my own but in this case I had no worries. The breakfast was very adequate for my needs.

I also stayed for one night at the beginning of the month in another room. Unfortunately there was a lot of draught from the window, making the room very cold. i mentioned this at reception and they offered to move me. I declined as I'd already unpacked my bits and was only there 1 night. Once I pulled the curtains and turned up the heat I was warm. it did happen to be on one of the coldest days, I was given a different room the second time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Mary , Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Dorridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is my second stay at the Ibis in Chesterfield. Again I can't fault the service or the value. The man on reception upon arrival was very friendly and helpful, the check in process was fast and easy. The room did look a little more 'tired' than my last room here, however as before it was clean and had everything that you need for a night away. The best thing by far though is the bed, its so comfortable. I really did not want to get up in the morning :)
I will defiantly be booking here for my next trip to Chesterfield :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Jdogg,Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were attending a wedding and just really wanted a room for the night. We got a great price and were stunned when we saw what we got for our money. Really stylish room which was anything but "budget" standard. Spotlessly clean and furnished to a very high standard with a very comfortable bed. We chose room only so I can't speak for the standard of the food but it was perfect for our needs and we would definitely choose Ibis again in the same circumstances. Our deal was cheaper than Travelodge but the hotel was far superior. Easy walking distance into town and plenty of parking at the hotel make it a perfect location.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear artisansheffield, Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Chesterfield Centre Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.