“Good value for money”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham,UK
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Got the last parking space at 9pm. Free car parking for about 30 cars.Welcome was warm and efficient,including passing on a message from my Father. Room is a good size with a comfortable bed. Shower only,but bathroom spotless. My biggest concern was traffic noise,but with quadruple glazing this is not really a problem. There is free wifi but I just used my 3G anyway as log-in looked a bit complicated - even if it is isn't. No much noise after 10-30pm as I suspect most people were working the next day. Breakfast was £7-90 so a little on the pricey side I thought,but combined with the room charge is still only £42-90 which these days is a bargain. Bacon had run out for the FEB but was replenished. Bread is a bit basic and kitchen room was a bit chilly. All in all - good value for money and I did get some sleep. Will stay there for my next Chesterfield funeral.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear JohnKirk,

Thank so much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, I’m glad everything was okay and you found us to be good value for money, although admittedly it is just a shame to hear of the circumstances for your reason to stay with us. The car park actually has over 60 spaces, it does seem a lot less though as we do get very busy but always manage to fit everyone in. Breakfast can be a little pricey if you aren't a big eater but it is an all you can eat buffet so can be very inexpensive if you take advantage of that fact and since your stay we have actually changed the bread we offer.

I do hope the next time you stay here can be for different reasons.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Laura Lindley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

great hotel service food couldn't fault a thing disabled friendly rooms clean and comfortable great hotel were to stay at the chesterfield hotel but if you read review you will know why I chose this ibiz and was a great stay glad we did quiet even though in city centre and a sat night couldn't fault hotel or staff

Room Tip: rooms to the back quieter than front
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear shelly160460,

Thank you for such a lovely review, I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will stay with us again when you next visit Chesterfield.

Kindest Regards,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Smack in the centre of town so it's an ideal location. Room are well equipped and the bed is comfortable. Staff are friendly and there is on site free parking. All in all ideal for a visit to the town. Breakfast is available but we didn't try it on this occasion.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary488
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Gary488,

Many thanks for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Assistant manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My fifth stay at this handily placed hotel, which gives you an idea of my view of it. However, they really must organise some pedestrian access as it seems to take longer every time to cross the road to the town centre and it feels like dicing with death every time. A couple of unexpected niggles on this two-night stay also - the soap dispenser in the shower was not refilled, and the coffee sachets were not replenished. Also, the shower was slow to drain, which meant I was ankle- deep by the time I got out. Minor glitches, however, and I will no doubt return. But, please - a pedestrian crossing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dorucak
Dear Dorucak,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your feedback regarding your stay here at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I was very pleased to see you have stayed with us a few times and overall enjoy your stay with us, however I was disappointed to see that there was a few things that let us down this time. I have highlighted these mistakes with the relevant departments to prevent any future occurrences. In response to your comment regarding pedestrian access, I am not sure if you are aware but there is a walk over bridge located on the opposite side of the hotel, we are however petitioning to get the council to put in a more apparent and convenient crossing next to the hotel.

Thank you again for you feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,