Having stayed in Ibis's before, I was happy to book Chesterfield knowing the brand and what you get.
Parking was great. Reception/bar/dining area was great.
Bedroom was disappointing as there was an underlying smell of cigarettes in the room and what appeared to be ash on the back of the WC pan.
We were in a rush to get back out as we were going to a wedding but I mentioned it to the lady on reception and she said she would go up to the room and sort it out for us. The hotel was fully booked so I doubt an alternative room would have been available.
It didn't mar our stay there though. We were sleeping for one night there, not living there. Bedding and towels were clean so that was more what I was bothered about. I would not let this little "incident" stop me from staying there, or at any other Ibis again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Chesterfield is located a short walk from the town centre and just 500 m from the railway station. Numerous attractions are within close proximity including theatres, museums, bars and restaurants. Visit the stately Chatsworth House located 15 minutes drive from the hotel. Book one of our 86 rooms with all the necessary amenities and benefit from use of our 4 meeting rooms, free private parking and cafe concept bar open 24 hours. WiFi Internet access available in the lounge and in some rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ibis Chesterfield Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Chesterfield Centre Hotel Chesterfield
- Ibis Chesterfield Centre Derbyshire