“As it says on the tin.”

Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Chesterfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel booked and at a budget price so I was a bit concerned as they do have a few negative reviews on here.

But I found everything to be good. Staff on the desk were helpful, friendly and a credit to the hotel.

Rooms were in a clean condition and everything worked. Some of the fittings had the odd chip or mark from a few years of use no doubt but nothing to spoil your stay.

We returned in the early hours and the security chap checked our details which was fine and actually nice to see. Certain other budget chains seem to allow all sorts to go on at night even if they do guarantee a good night's sleep....

Hotel is in a great location to wander into Chesterfield town which is a bit of a gem with it's twisted spire and market areas.

I would recommend this hotel as it does exactly what they advertise and say.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Chris E,Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back at Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just had a two night stay at this hotel . Rooms clean and comfortable , bed comfortable
Check in staff welcoming and polite . Reception area clean and tidy . Had breakfast both
Days good selection and hot food . Would recommend a stay here reasonable price too .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear JennyB, Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back at Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Very tatty and old dirty furnishing, poor is an understatement. Shower room is disgusting. Very budget more suited to lorry drivers. The reception is very messy and the bar area is an extension of the check in desk. Never again!
Recommend you try Cassa near by.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear OPSOPS, I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Chesterfied Centre wasn’t up to expectations. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and your comments have been noted. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback as this will enable me to continually improve on the customer care service we provide.Kind regards, Janet Cummings General Manager.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed there when in the are for a friends birthday. Its a bit tired and run down but is clean and the staff were helpful. Plenty of parking and close to the centre. As long as you don't pay much more than £30 you wont be disappointed

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nightsky224, Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Chesterfield Centre and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed at Ibis Budget Hotel in Chesterfield... and as the title suggests... the carpets just look dirty (although they are regularly vacuumed/hovered, etc.)... it's just that the pattern on them just makes them look dirty and worn out... I wouldn't walk on them barefoot...
other than that, all good considering the low price.
staff attentive, and responsive (had shower drain issue, and they immediately repaired it, etc.).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear AndreiG, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Chesterfield Centre I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the bedroom carpets, We are currently in the process of changing the carpets on the corridors and we hope to complete bedroom carpets by the end of 2015. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for the night as visiting friends close by, the room had two single beds. When I spoke with reception staff they said it could not be changed as they were fully booked even though my booking requested a double room. The room was on the ground floor, disable access (something I did not request by the way) but the bathroom had clearly not been cleaned as there was a pubic hair on the toilet seat! We also did not appreciate the fact that our room had an adjoining door to the room next to us, that too was awful as we could hear everything. There was a couple with a baby, fair enough babies cry but this one cried all night resulting in us getting no sleep. We were very disappointed with the quality, room location, parking, cleanliness of the room and the staffs attitude of 'like it or lump it' basically. I know I will not be staying here again!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here pick any other hotel in the surrounding area
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kaela88k, I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Chesterfied Centre wasn’t up to expectations. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating your points of concern. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback as this will enable me to continually improve on the customer care service we provide.Kind regards, Janet Cummings General Manager.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank orense23