I usually wouldn't use a Travelodge because of previous experiences with poor quality of service, but I took a chance on the Chesterfield hotel as I'd read it had been recently refurbished. When we arrived at the Chesterfield Travelodge (11pm on a Saturday night), the room I'd pre-paid for had been given away to another customer. Because of this, we were booked into the nearest hotel in the chain that had a spare room. The hotel we were moved to (Alfreton Hotel, Old Swanwick) was 20 miles drive from Chesterfield. The room we were given was old, worn, dirty and it smelt horrible. The walls were so thin that we were kept up all night by other guests moving around their rooms and the corridors.
The only positive throughout the ordeal was the gentleman on the desk of the Chesterfield Travelodge (I didn't catch his name), who was very apologetic about the error. He said that we would be compensated for the additional travel and inconvenience caused. However, when I mentioned potential compensation at the Alfreton reception, the request was ignored. By that point, I was tired and had lost the will to argue my corner. I didn't waste any time bringing up again the next morning, as really wasn't in the mood to discuss it.
On the Sunday evening, we stayed at the Chesterfield North Premier Inn for the same price, but in a great room with brilliant customer service. I'll only use a Travelodge again if I have no other options. Even then, sleeping in my car would probably be a more enjoyable experience...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelodge Hotels Ltd so you can book your Travelodge Chesterfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Chesterfield Hotel Chesterfield
- Travel Lodge Chesterfield
- Chesterfield Travelodge
- Chesterfield Travel Lodge
- Travelodge Chesterfield Derbyshire