“My 70th Birthday Party..............”

Peacock Coffee Lounge
Ranked #18 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
“My 70th Birthday Party..............”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

May 28th I had my birthday party in the function room,,,,The catering was excellent,the service from Staff could not be faulted.............Atmosphere was lovely...............
All my Guest enjoyed the food ...it was a great evening,nothing was too much trouble.....
I would use this venue again for a party,,,,its great to call in for coffee also,we do this as often as possible...................

• Visited May 2014

“Wonderful short stop”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

A great coffee shop in the Market area of Chesterfield. Snacks and coffee were very good, the service prompt and friendly, with a fine atmosphere.
As an American touring around this is the place to stop if shopping at the Chesterfield market.

• Visited May 2014
“Posh little place”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Nice coffee, very quiet little place. It's not the kind of place I felt comfortable to have a chat with my friends. It was mostly full of older people.

Devon, United Kingdom
“Lovely building friendly staff but a bit disappointed with the coffee”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have been to this café a few times. It is usually busy with a good atmosphere. It is a lovely old building. I was disappointed with my coffee. I ordered a cappuccino but it was more of a watery coffee with froth on the top. The coffee tasted ok but it just didn't have the texture. My husband's flat white coffee was scolding hot. The vanilla slice was delicious. All in all a pleasant place to stop but I would hope for better coffees next time.

• Visited February 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“A very popular place”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I visited here on Friday 17th January with a friend for brunch. She had been before with her mum it was my first time.
When we arrived at 9.45am it was already busy but we found a table downstairs. They have seating upstairs and outside too but I'm not sure if these were available at that time.
I ordered a pot of tea and a cream cheese and bacon bagel. My friend had a coffee, latte I think, and a ham and cream cheese bagel.
We ordered at the till as we walked in and in 10mins our order was ready. The food was nice and one thing I liked ,as opposed to another coffee shop/café in Derbyshire I went to before Christmas, is the cream cheese and bacon isn't already on the bagel so you can help yourself to how ever much you like. A minor point but one I prefer.
The tea was very tasty so we both had another pot and managed to spend a good hour and half chatting.
The staff are friendly enough not the most smiley I have ever come across but they get the job done and the tables and café are nice and clean. I didn't use the toilet so cant comment on that.
I would return again next time to try the lunches.

• Visited January 2014