Stayed here one night when away with work. Well decorated and kept very clean and tidy. (Not sure about all the clowns dotted over the ground floor.....)
The food was excellent, a nice surprise when on work trips. The chef cooks a meal adhering to your requirements and that's what you get. Fantastic fresh food. Breakfast in the morning was more of the same. Homemade jams and preserves a very nice touch.
I would agree it's more of a B&B than a hotel. Having to press buzzer to enter was strange and frustraiting.
Altogether a great stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award Winning Hotel and Restaurant situated in the centre of Chesterfield, the gateway to the Peak District and close to the M1 Motorway. All bedrooms offer luxury en-suite with free Wifi. The Buckingham family are well known for their warm and friendly hotel. The restaurant is unusual in the fact that there are no menus, which means meals are prepared to your personal requirements with the emphasis on quality and freshness. All bedrooms refurbished to increase space and quality of each room. Some bedrooms are designated superior these are particularly spacious and include their own seating area. Each bedroom boasts many facilities such as colour television with tele-text, freeview box, clock radio, hot drink facilities, stationary set, water and mints, direct dial telephone, controlled central heating, accessible computer modem points, WiFi, and hairdryer.Buckingham's is well known for The Restaurant with One Table and the Clowns Conservatory, the concept of the restaurants was conceived out of frustration and a desire to develop food that does not conform to normal paradigms. At this cosy Derbyshire restaurant, there is no compromise on quality, ingredients or taste, and excellence comes as standard.Amongst its many accolades, the hotel has gained an award for 'Best Breakfast of the Year' and ‘Best Restaurant of the Year’ from Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards. The Hotel has also been recommended by QIT and Best Loved Hotels.Chesterfield town centre is five minutes’ walk away; here you can find the famous Crooked Spire of its parish church. Chesterfield is also home to one of the largest open-air markets in the country. Chesterfield is situated on the edge of the Peak National Park with some of the most spectacular and beautiful coutryside in England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Buckingham's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckinghams Hotel Chesterfield
- Buckingham's Hotel Chesterfield, Derbyshire