“We've used the Highwayman as a family meeting spot for years and it still stands and delivers !”
Review of The Highwayman

The Highwayman
Ranked #65 of 366 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Re the title above , I remembered just the other day meeting up with family one weekend many years ago when there was a whacky warehouse type playarea for the kids , well our two are now teens and my nieces are also in their teens (one has a family of her own) - and we still use the highwayman as our meet up place as we live in Stockport and our family live in Notts .

The food has always been good , and it's always been family friendly.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Visited on Bank Holiday Monday. Our visit started well, we were welcomed and orders taken very promptly. Main courses arrived , well cooked and presented , frequent checks made by staff to ensure our satisfaction. Then unfortunately our dessert never arrived - after 30 minutes we gave up and paid the bill ! Staff were very apologetic and deducted the price of a coffee as a goodwill gesture.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

What a poor beefeater! Mixed grill ordered was the worst ever served im sure. Talk about small steak it
was the size of a beef burger! This is really Britain at its worst! Avoid and drive into baslow.

1  Thank Samantha H
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Do not eat here!
A truly terrible meal. Clearly they have no concept of how to cook food. The wife had a uncooked mixed grill while I suffered the worst steak burger known to man.
Waitress was far too busy covering for a clueless manager. Avoid at all costs. It's the absolute worst of worst!

1  Thank Smartluggage
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had I not been in the middle of a weeks holiday visiting north Cornwall and its various great restaurants when writing this review it would have been slightly better, however my eyes have been opened to how easy it is for places to provide fresh home cooked food and not bash out microwaved generic fayre these places offer, don't get me wrong they serve a purpose and its probably for ease as it does get busy but I would rather pay more and get fresh.
Went for mothers day, staff were friendly and service was fairly quick to say there were 12 of us, all the party enjoyed what they ordered but nobody was blown away which I guess is to be expected.
One little chuckle I had to have was after ordering the "New" improved prawn cocktail, I expected it to come with juicy succulent prawns as stated, all it basically was, was a table spoon of the cooked prawns you get in the bags inside an upturned cocktail glass on top of a bed of lettuce and cucumber so it formed a little pyramid of prawns, your sauce was served in a jar separately for you to pour on yourself ! Basically a box standard prawn cocktail served the same way but with the glass upside down over it minus the sauce........at least they have tried to be different I guess.
Would I visit again, probably yes

1  Thank dannyjcarr