“Excellent”

Stephensons Tea And Coffee House
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Food Hygiene 5 stars Stephensons Tea and Coffee House is situated in a splendid Victorian building adjacent to the famous Crooked Spire Church. The contemporary tea rooms are light and airy with views across town. First class drinks and coffees are made by our Baristas and served by friendly staff. The vast majority of the foods we sell, including all quiches, tarts, frittatas, soups, cakes and scones are made 'in house' by Mum and Son team, Claire and Sam. Our menu is extensive and we also have a seasonal specials board. We cater for a wide range of Special Diets, and are always happy to 'tweak' our menu for individual customer requests. Stephensons are currently winners of the best Coffee and Tea Shop 2013 and 2014and Finalist in Customer Care.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Visited three times now so thought I would write a review. On each occasion the food, staff and service have been excellent, good value for money also. I have never seen so much food when all I ordered was a sandwich, it's more like a sandwich meal what with all the coleslaw, salad,crisps and other extras. There are very few places in Chesterfield where you will experience this standard, other than Calabria I am not aware of anywhere else. I will definitely be returning.

1 Thank Yay B

Derbyshire
“Nice corner of quiet in town”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I had lunch with a friend in the week and got a little lost trying to find the cafe.if it's any help to newbies,stand outside the royal bank of Scotland facing towards the spire and look for a little doorway set back from the road next to the charity shop.its on the second floor in an old building but once you enter,the bright cozily decorated dining area stands out as welcoming.theres a huge cake display cabinet which had me planning my pudding before I'd even seen the menu.
I'd chosen the venue based on tripadviser reviews and wasn't disappointed.plenty of choice from sandwiches to quiches.we had sandwiches which came on a huge oval plate with fresh salad with three types of coleslaw/rice mixes.it was so nice to have a salad not covered in dressings.the additional bowl of crisps was lovely but I left some to leave room for cake
The owner popped over for a chat and proudly answers questions about the recent award they'd got.he asked if we wanted desserts.'theres always room for desserts' was the reply which led to his lovely lady coming out of the kitchen to list all their delights including a freshly baked cola drizzled chocolate cake.it was lovely to be able to opt for ice cream instead of cream
All in all I really enjoyed it.excellent price for the large portions you get and absolutely lovely owners who you can tell want to do their best for every customer.we'll definately be back

• Visited August 2014
Swanwick, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Saturday lunch”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Stephensons on Saturday and we had a fantastic lunch.

When we arrived, there were two tables of people waiting outside on the stairs already. We were assured quickly by the waitress that a table would be free soon, as they were just cleaning them ready for us.

Menus were brought out for us to be looking at and were provided with a table quickly and with a brilliant, friendly greeting despite the fully packed out place.

I do go to Stephensons whenever I can and the service and quality of food never falters, regardless of how busy this gem of a place gets.

I would not buy coffee from anywhere else in Chesterfield! I have to have my quota of delicious hazelnut latte whenever possible.

If you havent yet...this is the place to be for a spot of lunch when in Chesterfield x

Chesterfield
“Busy but still brilliant”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am a regular customer and found that today was very busy. I was very impressed that the high quality service never changed.The food was absolutely delicious and still a very good sized portion. I definately recomend this cafe for whenever you are in Chesterfield, as it is an experience never to be missed.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Another little NGS (Derbys & Notts) Coffee Posse!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've known Stephenson's for a few years now, so when my fellow National Gardens Scheme (Derbys & Notts) county team members wanted to meet somewhere fairly central a couple of months ago I suggested Stephenson's. They were just as impressed as I was and this time we were to have a slightly larger gathering, so the County Organiser straight away said "OOOH! Let's go to that delightful coffee shop in Chesterfield again" … and we did.

Today we enjoyed the fantastic coffees (including one of our fussier number requesting a skinny latte with an extra shot and declaring the result 'excellent') and hot chocolate (according to that member of our group 'one of the best hot chocolates' she'd ever had). The waiter who first attended to us was extremely efficient and also charming - my colleague was absolutely speechless with delight when he saw her fanning herself with a sheet of paper and brought over a proper Japanese-style, fold out fan - and the waitress who brought our second lot of drinks was also efficient and helpful and, having seen the NGS paperwork, even started to talk to us about 6 of our gardens which are open near to her. Finally, just before we left, the proprietress, who had been talking to other patrons too, came and had a lengthy and very pleasant conversation with us, which gave my college chance to express her thanks to the waiter who brought the fan.
All in all it was "only" what we know is 'normal' for Stephenson's: the difference is that it might be normal for them, but it's exceptional compared to anywhere else I know.
If you've not been yet you really don't know what you are missing!
Trip advisor needs a "5*" or "5++" rating for service, food, atmosphere and value for Stephenson's!

1 Thank DerbyshireNGS