“Think twice!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Tipton, West Midlands
“Think twice!!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and from the outside all looked well, staff at reception were lovely but when we stepped foot into the room it was a whole other story. The carpet didn't meet the skirting board and was covered in stains. The bed had a sheet and quilt thrown over it and not much more and the bathroom was just shambolic, wall paper hanging off the wall, mould and mildew in the shower, toilet roll holder hanging off, just to name a few and the view of the roof top from the windows was hardly amazing.
We left the hotel and went for a walk in the town to compose ourselves and on returning to the hotel a party was in full swing where we may as well have joined in as it was directly below our room. This was the final straw, I complained and had us moved and the whole story continued in the new room.
The hotel is in dire need of an overhaul if it wants to attract people to stay here.
I'm not fussy in any way I have done the whole camping thing but when I book a hotel room there are certain standards I would expect.
Please think twice before staying here!!!!!

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant NYE party”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Absolutely fantastic party, just hope the same thing happens next year :)

The food was great, there was a cabaret on at that time and he sang well. All in all a great experience for us.

Visited January 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Don't consider if disabled think twice if you fit”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel says it has disabled rooms and facilities the lift only goes to two of its five floors and even on these levels some of the rooms are up steps after you come out of the lift the lift isn't big enough for a wheelchair just fits in with foot rests off and feet under chair broke while taking me up to show me the rooms there are other wheelchair to get to different areas again these were broken to attend function had to go out side and in the fire door but there was no drop down kerb for access there war no disabled access to the leisure facilities as to expensive to do I was told we stayed and had a meal three if us sixty pounds no starter as they jag run out the meal was Medioca at best and when we asked for ketchup for my daughter we were told can you decide what you want as we very busy there was one other family in the restaurant that we couldn't access because the lift was broken I had a brandy served in a tumbler when I asked for a brandy glad the waiter said he didn't know what one was the rooms were dated and small I am glad I went to look before booking as we were going to a function there so we booked the ibis across the road in a ground floor room the Chesterfield does not have ground floor rooms out had disabled rooms access visa the lift which us to small for a wheelchair

• Visited September 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great value”
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Superb staff on reception, bar, & restaurant; could not be bettered. Bathroom looked as though it had been recently refurbished and was spotlessly clean. Food at dinner and breakfast top class. Location for town and railway station excellent. The actual bedroom is a little tired and could do with a refurb and new carpet but don't let that put you off. Didn't use the fitness facilities so can't comment on them. The value for money was exceptional, we would most definitely stay there again.

Visited April 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Simple things done well”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have never stayed overnight at this hotel but used it innumerable times to meet clients for coffee, a quick sandwich lunch and last night for a reunion event. On every occasion the service has been good and cheerful. The meal last night was simple but very good - steak and kidney pie, chips and gravy, a choice of desserts and coffee. I can think of so many times in other places when simple things are not done well but never the case here - try it out one morning for coffee and home-made biscuits.

• Visited April 2013