“Girly day”

The Manor At Brampton Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Brampton Manor is a 16th century property, originally built by two brothers from 1585 through to 1599 as a manor house, with residential use up until early 1960s where it was then purchased by two local business men to create an exclusive gentleman's dining and gaming club.Developed over the years as you know it today, a local family friendly club hosting extensive facilities to Non Members as well as Members, operated with the same charm and passion it was built with all those years ago. Along with the main building, there is also the historic Grade II listed Gazebo which hosts many weddings throughout the summer months in the pool courtyard gardens which enjoys sunshine throughout the day. Minutes away from the centre of Chesterfield's historic market town and the famous 'Crooked Spire' church, Chesterfield Museum, Chatsworth House, Hardwick Hall, Bolsover Castle, and many other attractions around the Derbyshire dales and Peak District on our doorstep. Brampton Manor is a popular Derbyshire, South Yorkshire and Peak District venue for weddings, receptions and functions along with fantastic facilities for business, which include conferences, business meetings and event activities. Family entertainment for non members and fun is welcomed, with regular events and themed evenings held in the Newly Refurbished Manor Bar hosting live music, homemade food and fabulous Sunday carvery. Why not also join us in our fully equiped health and fitness centre, as one of very few venues in Chesterfield that offer a heated indoor pool, squash courts, fully air conditioned gymnasium as well as private studio classes and fitness rooms, all available with both adult and junior exclusive membership packages to suit your fitness needs and your pocket!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Girly day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is 3rd time visiting Brampton Manor. I do think the place needs updating with furnishings. The changing rooms near pool are very second rate not a nice as ones upstairs. I didnt fancy walking from upstairs to downstairs in my costume. Lunch arrangements on Sundays need a sandwich or cheese and crackers option if you dont want Sunday lunch.staff very helpful and friendly I felt. However in middle of my paid for session the girl asked her colleague if she could go home!! I just feel something is missing.

Visited February 2014
BusinessManager2013, Manager at The Manor At Brampton Spa, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
I am glad that you keep coming back.
You will be pleased to hear that we are having major refurbishments this year so I am sure you will love the changes that are going to be made. So we look forward to seeing you again soon.

“So called spa day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Booked a SURPRISE spa day for my girlfriend for valentines day!, very disappointed! The pool area was full off life guarding classes And children's swimming lessons!, suppose to be chilling & unwinding , the changing rooms are shocking!, the steam room was dirty and looked old, I booked this day out as a SURPRISE went out my way to give my girlfriend a lovely day/SURPRISE, I couldn't have been more apologetic to my girlfriend as it wasn't up to my standards, the manager believe it was Jo, said she will show us round it was just like she couldn't be bothered!, very disappointed!

Another note, we was having some lunch, a lady from the bar came over and started trying to start the fire again and the ash was just blown around!

Wouldn't recommended this place!

Eden hall for defiantly next time!

BusinessManager2013, Manager at The Manor At Brampton Spa, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
I am really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time here with us,
It must have been me that showed you around as you have mentioned my name, I am at a loss why you would think that I could not be bothered as I always go that extra mile to assist all my clients to the best of my ability and always with a smile, all I can do is apologise.
We are having major refurbishments this year so please come back afterwards to see us.
Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Diabolical.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Can not in the slightest be considered a spa. Travelled 2hours for a nice spa day... Far from it. You could get better at any local leisure centre. Steam room was plastic and mouldy and looked like a portaloo. Sauna was inside the changing rooms and resembled a garden shed, also no water in the bucket and could only fit up to 3 people in there with a tight squeeze. And that's all there was. You had to walk through busy loud gym areas whilst in swimwear to get to the pool from the sauna which was very uncomfortable and cold. Also non of the facilities were actually warm including the steam room. We were told we could go through in our dressing gowns or swimwear for lunch, however it turned out to be a local pub full of business people. We lasted an hour. This is not expected of a relaxing spa day.

1 Thank Dan A
BusinessManager2013, Manager at The Manor At Brampton Spa, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Everyone has a different view of what a Spa should and should not be like and every Spa is different. I am sorry you did not enjoy your day here with us. We are this year having a total refurbishment throughout the establishment although we cannot change the layout of the different areas we will be improving by adding different elements to the Salon. Perhaps after all that you would like to return. Thank you
Worksop, United Kingdom
“"A great girly time"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Myself and a a friend, had a livingsocial deal at Brampton Manor Salon & Spa, on 13th February. We were very surprised how many different activities available, we had a massage in our deal, which was done by Tara, our therapist, she was excellent and very approachable. We were made to feel very special, staff couldn't do enough for us, we had the most relaxing experience and will definitely be visiting again, very soon. We both had lunch in the restaurant, which was very reasonably priced, cooked and presented very professionally, our compliments to the chef. We would like to thank all at Brampton Manor, keep up the great work, had a fab time!!!

Visited February 2014
BusinessManager2013, Manager at The Manor At Brampton Spa, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you Carol for your lovely comments, its so nice to for someone that enjoyed their time here with us to take time out to write a review. We loved having you here and welcome when you come back. I will of course pass your comments onto the therapists and staff here also.
Thank you again very much appreciated.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Shabby”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Having been a member I had no option but to cancel my membership, I had high expectations but was so disappointed at first I thought this is a lovely place but as time went on every time I went there was always a piece of equipment not working the equipment was worn and dirty.. the pool was cold with broken tiles...the Jacuzzi didn't always work the steam room was out of order and what did make me laugh was the comments board put up in the pool area, the place was never monitored for safety.. the ladies were shocking and the smell from the drains was horrendous... as for the staff I would get an occasional grunt of hello but most of the time they never spoke.. sorry to be so negative but it needs sorting out and if this place is having a refurb then lets see I may come back but that is just a maybe...

Visited February 2014
BusinessManager2013, Manager at The Manor At Brampton Spa, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Im very sorry to hear that you have cancelled your membership, as the Leisure side is not owned by us I cannot comment on your queries.
I really wish you had visited us in the Salon for some relaxation here where you would have been given an extremely warm welcome, you can still come any time as you do not need to be a Member to use the salon or the restaurant.
We look forward to seeing you here soon.