“Consistency of......”

The Manor At Brampton Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Brampton Manor is a 16th century property, originally built by two brothers from 1585 through to 1599 as a manor house, with residential use up until early 1960s where it was then purchased by two local business men to create an exclusive gentleman's dining and gaming club.Developed over the years as you know it today, a local family friendly club hosting extensive facilities to Non Members as well as Members, operated with the same charm and passion it was built with all those years ago. Along with the main building, there is also the historic Grade II listed Gazebo which hosts many weddings throughout the summer months in the pool courtyard gardens which enjoys sunshine throughout the day. Minutes away from the centre of Chesterfield's historic market town and the famous 'Crooked Spire' church, Chesterfield Museum, Chatsworth House, Hardwick Hall, Bolsover Castle, and many other attractions around the Derbyshire dales and Peak District on our doorstep. Brampton Manor is a popular Derbyshire, South Yorkshire and Peak District venue for weddings, receptions and functions along with fantastic facilities for business, which include conferences, business meetings and event activities. Family entertainment for non members and fun is welcomed, with regular events and themed evenings held in the Newly Refurbished Manor Bar hosting live music, homemade food and fabulous Sunday carvery. Why not also join us in our fully equiped health and fitness centre, as one of very few venues in Chesterfield that offer a heated indoor pool, squash courts, fully air conditioned gymnasium as well as private studio classes and fitness rooms, all available with both adult and junior exclusive membership packages to suit your fitness needs and your pocket!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having "been" a frequent user of Brampton manor over the years I have to say the investment and improvements to the bar/restaurant facilities are in good taste.

However I have a couple of observations of my recent experiences:

1. Children's play area - it was good to see the improvements made to the play area, especially relocating the main outdoor seating area. From a safety point of view and parents perspective this is a positive as we can enjoy and supervise our children at play from the seating area.

2. Children play area - although the area is a welcome addition we feel it lacks consideration in the planning and conception. The swing area means no parent can responsibly relax and leave their child/ren alone as the swing area poses a real danger to other children using the play area. Potential for high impact injuries to small children!

3. Consistency - we have used the restaurant/bar a couple of times in the last week for food - on the first occasion I ordered a starter of chicken wings, I received 5 wings and a small garnish salad. I was unable to eat all my main course.

On our second visit I ordered the wings again (nice) with a side of chips (nice) as based on previous visits 5 wings would be plenty (effectively a main course) however on this occasion I received 3 wings and no salad!

I would have raised this issue with the waitress however she was less than attentive - nowhere to be found!

The upshot - I went away hungry!?!?

BusinessManager2013, Manager at The Manor At Brampton Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

As we are all getting used to the new menu and resent refurbishment downstairs there may be a few teething issues and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. I am sure that everything is now running smoothly and I have passed on your points to the Restaurant and Bar and hope that you will come and join us again soon at the Manor.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I bought this spa day for my friend for her birthday, so we went together. We were shown where to go for the spa and salon and greeted promptly. We were a little early for our treatments so were shown round the facilities. All the staff were very friendly and pleasant. We both had a back and shoulder massage upgraded by our choice to a hot stone massage, which was amazing. We went in the gym for a workout which was good, plenty of equipment to use. We had booked lunch and had a fantastic meal, the food was great and plenty of it. After that we went for a swim, which was probably the bit most people go for, a nice relaxing swim, but there was kids swimming lessons so a little disappointing that it's not quite the relaxing area we expected, but we could swim, just about in and around people, the jacuzzi was nice, as was the box that was the steam room. The changing room to the pool were very small and full of parents and kids so we went back upstairs to the other one which was lovely and clean. At the end of the day we had a lovely relaxing day and I'm going back with my mum and I'm looking forward to it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
BusinessManager2013, Manager at The Manor At Brampton Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Im very pleased you enjoyed your time here. We are very proud of the Manor and our staff who always give the best service they can at all times. We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My daughter bought me the spa day for mother's day. The staff were very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The place was being refurbished and a little disjointed, for example the changing rooms were spread some distance from all the facilities. The upstairs changing facilities were excellent though. The gym and the equipment was good, we enjoyed our time in there. The pool was small, a little busy with children and I noticed there was no life guard? it was clean and warm and fine for a swim. The steam room was excellent on the poolside and very clean. The salon was very nicely redone, pleasant staff, two lovely beauticians - very warm, friendly and obliging. The best back, neck and shoulder massage I've received and I've been to many spa retreats over the years, also we were given the chance to upgrade to a hot stone massage each...."excellent" - I would certainly return to the Salon side of Brampton Manor. Would love to return once all their alterations are complete. Think the outside pool area will be excellent especially if the sun was shining. Thank you - we truly enjoyed our spa experience. Sorry almost forgot the bar staff/waitresses they were lovely too, pleasant and couldn't do enough to help you, very professional. Bar area nicely decorated and well set out, really comfortable and the food was excellent .....home made fish fingers were divine :)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

What lovely feedback, thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinions which are always lovely to hear when they are like yours. We always strive to make sure our clients leave happy, full and relaxed and in your case we have got it right. We too are excited about the refurbishment at the end of June in the Salon and think it will be a lovely place to spend some time having excellent treatments with the new products, so we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thank you again, very much appreciated.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This trip was a gift from my mother for my wife and I

First impressions, nice long drive way, looks pleasant enough...

Walked through reception through a nice bar and up to the spa, so far so good.

Filled in the forms then headed back down the stairs, through the nice bar and reception to what can only be described as a down market leisure centre. Changing rooms were reminiscent of something you would expect to find in a hostel, not a spa.

Through to the 'spa'

Swimming pool - check
Jacuzzi - check
Steam room - check

However.... Also included

8 pensioners completing aqua aerobics class to fire starter by the prodigy, abba and other classics.
A view onto an outdoor training area used for fitness classes, I suppose people using the outdoor facility have a good view of the 'spa' also...
No where to sit and relax

Massage after was fine,

Best way to some the place up, it is what it is... And what it is, is a leisure centre in need of updating with an average beauty treatment facility upstairs.

Much better out there if your willing to pay...

Thank you for your feedback. We are having a refurbishment at the end of June in the Salon which we are all very excited about and will make a big difference to Brampton Manor.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My eyes and skin itchy after being in the pool must have been the chlorine was left by staff for 15 min before being shown the facilities. I think it needs a complete overhaul and refurb it really is dirty.

1  Thank Alfreton123
BusinessManager2013, Manager at The Manor At Brampton Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I am very sorry to read your comments concerning your day here with us. The bar and restaurant has just had a massive 5* refurbishment. But thank you for your feedback.