“flavour plus”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A surprised stop off on a road trip , we were quite famished. We were greeted with true aussie hospitality, first surprise of the day. Two proud aussies hosting this village pub. The menu it self was, surprise number two with all the dishes named after a movie star. We chose a brad pitt burger truly homemade, with home cut chips and my partner had rock hudson, hunters chicken , the chicken was moist and the bbq sauce had a nice kick and flavour. This meal was definetly pub priced aat restaurant quality. Looking forward to calling in on our way home.

1  Thank leanne f

Reviewed 24 February 2014

the two aussie guys are better then all we expected offering a great venue. superb quality food and a great atmosphere. An extensive interesting menu and you can tell the food is quality and home cooked. Will always pop in on any road journey. So glad they took credit cards as we were travelling through .

1  Thank Brock P
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The new Australian owners have made a superb start, and give a wonderful welcome.

Their Hawaii 5 O Burger is amazing..super thick burger, with ample salad and super crispy chips..and all with that superb service.

We shall definitely be eating there again, and I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Hawaii5OBurgerFan
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This pub, I was surprised to find, is being run by a bunch of Australians. They have made it into a genuinely fun and interesting venue for food, be it a quick bite or a full-on three course feast. I had the Elvis burger and it was gigantic! The quality of the food that the four of us ate was very good. The attention to detail and attentiveness of the staff was superb. We will visit again as I suspect this place is only going to get better. In order to balance the review I will say this though - my wife thought the lasagne was a bit too greasy, as if the beef had not been fried and drained before being put in the dish. Also, no card payments, but I am sure this will be remedied soon - these guys only took over a matter of weeks ago.

3  Thank SteveBloke
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was well impressed by the new owners of this pub. I ordered two meals for myself and my partner for £8.95, and to be honest wasn't expecting much - lots of pub chains do interchangeable meals for around that price point, and while they fill a hole none are special. How wrong was I?

Liver for me, and vegetable lasagne for my partner. Both meals were obviously made in-house, and both were delicious. Really good food made by people that obviously know their trade.

It would have got 5 stars, but I found the music, fruit machine and TV a bit overwhelming. I'll definitely be back though.

1  Thank Chris D