“Great place, great welcome, great breakfast of course”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterfield
Abigail's Guest House
Ranked #12 of 21 Chesterfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This kind of welcome makes you feel you are immediately at home.

Stayed here a few times over the years, it's a great little location, good wifi connection, fab breakfast and wonderful views over a lovely garden. The large bedrooms are nicely decorated in old English style with good on suites and coffee or tea making facilities. Really lovely place to stay.

You can always stay in a prefabricated chain of nameless hotels for the same price or a few quid less, but it's really not the same.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Myself and husband visited this guest house at the bank holiday at the end of may and I firstly want to state that neither of us moan and I always try to see positives and give a honest review and this is the first time ever I feel I have to give this kind of review. Well lets start, on arrival we were met with a warm welcome and shown to our room promptly , once in the room I noticed immediately how jaded and worn and old the room was I can live with that but on closer inspection it was what I call surface clean and I'm not an obsesses cleaner at all , the shower cubicle was very old I'd say 70s and needed a damm good scrub around the door and workings , however the towels were clean and fresh as was the bedding and bed which was very comfy. On rising on Sunday we entered the breakfast room@9 30, to be told by both the co owners you've missed breakfast and that they were just clearing up , no offer of cereal or toast or a coffee even though they were still out . We went into town and had to purchase breakfast and a coffee this is very poor customer service , However the ladies still promptly took the £56 for the total stay without an offer of any reduction, and in my opinion need to learn a lesson or two from the big chains ie premier inn etc before its too late. Sorry Abigail's you disappointed us on a number of fronts and will not return or recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Don't visit
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife and I were visiting Chesterfield with friends for my team (Exeter)'s last game of the season - we were booked in here by the person organising the trip as the place everyone else was booked into didn't quite have enough rooms. And what a great job he did.

Although located on something of a main road, it was very quiet, our room was upstairs. Lovely room too, very comfortable bed and a good sized bathroom with shower over.

After a very peaceful night's sleep (I never sleep well away from home so to sleep pretty well was a massive bonus!) we were treated to an excellent breakfast provided by our most genial hosts (geniality seems to be a theme running through the good folk of Chesterfield!).

At £56 for the night this was excellent value, and if we're back in the area (maybe if Exeter's match coincides with another weekender!) we'd certainly look to come back here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jason H
Reviewed 30 October 2012

After discovering Abigail's by chance some years ago, we now wouldn't dream of going anywhere else when in the area. Debbie and Gail make us feel that we are welcome friends rather than passing guests. My partner is registered blind and nothing is too much trouble to make her stay enjoyable and easy to manage. Lovely clean room, great range of breakfasts and plenty of parking.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed at Abigail's during my first ever visit to Chesterfield in August 2012. I liked it so much I went back in September and I am going back again in December. Good rooms, clean and comfy. Very good English breakfast and a homely atmosphere. But above all, its the owners Gail and Debbie ( and her family) that stand out as the friendliest, warmest and most helpful people I have met in the UK. I felt at home at Abigail's and am going back there in December just to see them again.

Room Tip: The double rooms on the first floor come with a wonderful view of the garden and Chesterfield
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Absolutely enjoyed our stay. One of the friendliest and cleanest b&b's we stayed in over 6 weeks of touring. Value 2nd to none. Bedroom bit small, huge bathroom and excellent full English breakfast Debbie & Gail very friendly

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Abigails provides good value for money. Room was very clean albeit a bit small; plenty of tea, coffee, etc provided in the room; service excellent - everyone was very friendly and very helpful; breakfast was excellent - all freshly cooked; plenty of off-road parking. As we live in a very quiet area, we did find the traffic a little noisy in the morning - a room at the back would be better. I agree with a previous "reviewer" the towels were a little hard but I think that is probably caused by Chesterfield water!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends