“Excellent Place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterfield
Abigail's Guest House
Ranked #14 of 22 Chesterfield B&B and Inns
Winslow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Place!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very homely and friendly. Great breakfasts and had a great nights sleep. Would recommend to everyone I know that ever visits this part of the country. Chesterfield is a great place full of warm friendly people!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
birmingham
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stop at Abigail's in July with my two daughters and we were very happy with the room, service and breakfast. They served a children's breakfast which was good, the sausages are of good quality. The kids loved htt there were penguin biscuits on the tea and coffee tray!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We have driven through but never stopped in Chesterfield before. We are glad we stopped this time and equally glad we stayed with Gail at Abigail's. We happened to arrive just as Gail was driving up and we received a very warm welcome. She had encountered a problem with the type of room we needed but she had contacted us the previous day and gave us a couple of alternatives which were both acceptable and appreciated. The rooms and home as a whole were clean and well furnished and the breakfast room was lovely with a fabulous garden view. It is located just a short distance from the town centre and Gail provided several suggestions for dinner. The tariff was extremely reasonable, in fact I would say it was the best value we had during 12 weeks of travelling throughout the U.K. Definitely a spot I would stay at again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick W
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Abigail's guest house is a great place to stay if you are visiting Chesterfield. There is a warm welcome from the owner, the rooms are first class and the breakfast scrumptious.... The location is very close to the town centre and all the local attractions (make sure to visit the crooked spire). This is a great place to stay if you are visiting the Derbyshire countryside and I have no reservations about recommending this place to other Trip Advisor contributors. Thank you Gail and I can't wait to visit you again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This kind of welcome makes you feel you are immediately at home.

Stayed here a few times over the years, it's a great little location, good wifi connection, fab breakfast and wonderful views over a lovely garden. The large bedrooms are nicely decorated in old English style with good on suites and coffee or tea making facilities. Really lovely place to stay.

You can always stay in a prefabricated chain of nameless hotels for the same price or a few quid less, but it's really not the same.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Myself and husband visited this guest house at the bank holiday at the end of may and I firstly want to state that neither of us moan and I always try to see positives and give a honest review and this is the first time ever I feel I have to give this kind of review. Well lets start, on arrival we were met with a warm welcome and shown to our room promptly , once in the room I noticed immediately how jaded and worn and old the room was I can live with that but on closer inspection it was what I call surface clean and I'm not an obsesses cleaner at all , the shower cubicle was very old I'd say 70s and needed a damm good scrub around the door and workings , however the towels were clean and fresh as was the bedding and bed which was very comfy. On rising on Sunday we entered the breakfast room@9 30, to be told by both the co owners you've missed breakfast and that they were just clearing up , no offer of cereal or toast or a coffee even though they were still out . We went into town and had to purchase breakfast and a coffee this is very poor customer service , However the ladies still promptly took the £56 for the total stay without an offer of any reduction, and in my opinion need to learn a lesson or two from the big chains ie premier inn etc before its too late. Sorry Abigail's you disappointed us on a number of fronts and will not return or recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Don't visit
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle T
Hounslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife and I were visiting Chesterfield with friends for my team (Exeter)'s last game of the season - we were booked in here by the person organising the trip as the place everyone else was booked into didn't quite have enough rooms. And what a great job he did.

Although located on something of a main road, it was very quiet, our room was upstairs. Lovely room too, very comfortable bed and a good sized bathroom with shower over.

After a very peaceful night's sleep (I never sleep well away from home so to sleep pretty well was a massive bonus!) we were treated to an excellent breakfast provided by our most genial hosts (geniality seems to be a theme running through the good folk of Chesterfield!).

At £56 for the night this was excellent value, and if we're back in the area (maybe if Exeter's match coincides with another weekender!) we'd certainly look to come back here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends