Called in for a late lunch. pub is lovely, decor modern but tasteful.
Had a delish steak and ale pie, chips, veg a little jug of gravy OH had a surf and turf.
Both meals lovely and fresh, large portions and were enjoyed. Staff very pleasant,
Drinks may be what some see as pricey, but they were lovely.Had been in Matlock Bath but their places to eat looked, well, awful, not much choice, fish n chips or scruffy looking pub.
Would definately eat here again.
P.S. Love the remarks the owner gives to critical reviews, very witty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacocok is a 200 year old, and very typical English pub set in the Centre of Bakewell Town. We offer accommodation varying from lovely traditional type rooms in the old stables fully converted with en-suite bathrooms (showers only) inc full English breakfast if booked direct with the Peacock as opposed to third party web sites - Book direct with the Peacock to achieve a better deal. The Pub has a very varied menu that is all prepared and cooked on the premises by very skilled competant chefs with many fantastic specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Peacock Bakewell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Bakewell Hotel Bakewell
- The Peacock Bakewell Peak District National Park