After reading some of the Tripadvisor reviews about the Peacock in Bakewell I wasn’t really sure whether I should book the Peacock or not. The owner’s comments to earlier negative reviews really put me off since his comments were written in quite an aggressive way.
I decided to book one of their cottages anyway since I liked the look of the cottages on their website and the location they are in. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed and the accommodation was a huge let down.
After an unfriendly welcome we were shown by a gentleman, who I think was the owner, to our accommodation. I realized straight away that this wasn’t one of their cottages. The accommodation which we were shown was what they called online a Studio/ Apartment and I brought this to the owner’s attention. Rather than explaining this to me in a professional manner we ended up in what I would call a heated discussion, which was super annoying and disappointing.
I guess I would have been fine with the accommodation if it would have at least been clean and in good condition. However, neither was the case and the sleepersofa was a disgrace. See attached pictures. Charging more than £150 per night for something like this is actually ridiculous especially since my sleep on that ‘sofa’ was quite painful after a few hours.
I would never recommend this place to anyone and I already look forward to the owner’s comments on my review, since I am sure he will have another absurd excuse and will not take responsibility for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacocok is a 200 year old, and very typical English pub set in the Centre of Bakewell Town. We offer accommodation varying from lovely traditional type rooms in the old stables fully converted with en-suite bathrooms (showers only) inc full English breakfast if booked direct with the Peacock as opposed to third party web sites - Book direct with the Peacock to achieve a better deal. The Pub has a very varied menu that is all prepared and cooked on the premises by very skilled competant chefs with many fantastic specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Peacock Bakewell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Bakewell Hotel Bakewell
- The Peacock Bakewell Peak District National Park