We ate here in July 2014. The portions are HUGE. I had to sit on the burger to get it in. The lasagne was a meal for two. Good selection of drinks too. Very good food, very good drink selection. Bistro quality.
Downside - On the day the staff were over ran by the busy crowd. The toilets were absolutely filthy. The tables were filthy. However, I am sure this was because they were inadequately staffed due to the huge crowds on a day when it topped 30'c.
Bakewell itself is a dream. Possibly the nicest village in Britain. Stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacocok is a 200 year old, and very typical English pub set in the Centre of Bakewell Town. We offer accommodation varying from lovely traditional type rooms in the old stables fully converted with en-suite bathrooms (showers only) inc full English breakfast if booked direct with the Peacock as opposed to third party web sites - Book direct with the Peacock to achieve a better deal. The Pub has a very varied menu that is all prepared and cooked on the premises by very skilled competant chefs with many fantastic specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Peacock Bakewell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Bakewell Hotel Bakewell
- The Peacock Bakewell Peak District National Park