We were greeted by a lovely lady who showed us two rooms which were avalible for a planned two night mid week stay in bakewell.
89 pound per night for upstairs room and 99 pound per night for ground floor court yard room . We were booking the dearer ground floor room and had paid, when we were approached we persume by the male manager. He was very rude to the lady dealing with us shouting that the ground floor room wasnt avalible for our second night as it had already been booked online,and he wasnt prepaired to 'clean it twice' if we stopped for just the avalible night,he then went on to say we could book it for the one night if we paid an extra 30 pound ! The manager was extremly rude and highrate,if the lady who was booking us in had made a mistake,why didnt he take her to one side instead of shouting and looking a complete prat. Needless to say after he did this we asked for our money back and booked elsewhere. Nice looking pub,but room rate expensive and manager horrible,avoid at all cost
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacocok is a 200 year old, and very typical English pub set in the Centre of Bakewell Town. We offer accommodation varying from lovely traditional type rooms in the old stables fully converted with en-suite bathrooms (showers only) inc full English breakfast if booked direct with the Peacock as opposed to third party web sites - Book direct with the Peacock to achieve a better deal. The Pub has a very varied menu that is all prepared and cooked on the premises by very skilled competant chefs with many fantastic specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your The Peacock Bakewell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Bakewell Hotel Bakewell
- The Peacock Bakewell Peak District National Park