Arrived mid afternoon on Saturday, the property was very easily located, with parking directly out front.
The landlady greeted us and made us feel very welcome, with no fuss at all, straight to our room, and told us breakfast times.
The room was very light, clean and modern, with HD Sky, and a lovely comfortable bed with ample plump pillows and cushions.
The bathroom was very modern, lovely big tiles with contemporary fittings, well lit, ventilated and clean.
Our room was 1, at the front of the house-ignore the only bad review on this site, it was silent!
Good local pub with excellent beer was the Castle inn, about 200 metres away maybe, serving food till 10.
Breakfast was served quickly and tasted great! Full English of course!
It was a terrible drag to vacate the room, we would both have happily stayed tucked up all day!
Very good value, we paid £70 for the night, we have stayed locally and paid near double for less quality-this property definitely blurs the lines between B&B and hotels.
We were kindly offered the use of the car park for the day, which was helpful on a sunny Sunday.
Would we return? Yes.
Would we recommend? Yes.
What would I change? Later check out and more Sky channels (sad I know!)
To sum up, excellent, cosy and friendly. No stress and superb value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why not come and stay with us at our two quality bed & breakfasts, which offer easy access to local shops and markets, pubs, cafes and restaurants, events and attractions, and is only 3 miles from the famous Chatsworth house Stately Home, 1 mile to Haddon Hall. Alton Towers is just a short drive. We also cater for walking or cycling parties. We are an ideal base for touring the area. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Melbourne House And Easthorpe
- Melbourne House & Easthorpe Hotel Bakewell
- Melbourne House & Easthorpe Bakewell, Peak District National Park