Loved the pictures of this room online, and loved it when we arrived.
Beautiful room, beautiful house, and just as we'd expected.
Was surprised to find a communal lounge - very pretty and boutique looking.
It's not a hotel, so we anticipated the lack of staff and quietness, which was one of the attractions for our trip :) We arrived with milk, water and champagne to put in the fridge, and got takeaway dinners as we wanted to relax in the evening and not go out for meals. The owners helpfully have all the takeaway menus laid out downstairs, LOL.
The room was fab, and clean. We only left the hall at 2pm one day, but thankfully somebody nipped in and serviced the room quickly whilst we were out (we had worried we'd missed the boat on that one due to our late departure on a rainy day).
Great views over Bakewell from this room - with a double aspect in the corner.
Two minute walk to the bus stop to take the Transpeak bus to Wye Dale to walk the Monsal Trail back to Bakewell.
Nice cooked breakfast - a 'correct' size rather than a stuff-your-face sized portion like people may be used to. It's not a hotel, so I didn't hold it against them that it needed to go into the microwave for 20 seconds on arrival. After all, the room has a kitchenette...
Wi-fi signal was VERY patchy in this room. We seemed to get signal on and off when sat in one particular chair. The owners could do with looking into some booster equipment for the signal.
Our room was also oddly warm for a 15 deg celcius day and 11 deg night at the beginning of June. I normally moan about the cold at home, so this was an unusual issue for me. The radiators definitely weren't on, so I just assumed heat was rising from downstairs, or the old brick building construction giving a ridiculous amount of heat insulation! Still, with the windows open (this penthouse room has a double aspect), it cooled to a perfect temperature. I'm just not sure how comfortable it would be on a hot August day though....
Very friendly staff when we spoke to them on the phone / bumped into them in the car park :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Bakewell Holiday Apartments, from Bagshaw Hall in a convenient location in Bakewell, we are able to offer a choice of luxury boutique style suites and apartments for both the leisure and business traveller, providing flexibility that a traditional hotel, or bed & breakfast accommodation do not offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bagshaw Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagshaw Hall Bakewell, Peak District National Park
- Bagshaw Hall Hotel Bakewell