“Return visit was even better!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bakewell
Wyedale Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 44 Bakewell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was a return visit to the Wyedale B&B for me as I was taking part in another long distance ride along the Pennine Bridleway and High Peak Trail. Although my accommodation was chosen by my equestrian hosts as part of the ride package, I was delighted to stop-over at Jill's home again which is spotlessly clean, comfortable and very homely. I'm a big fan of the en suite power shower in the ground floor room where you don't need a science degree to operate the controls nor does it sting at full blast. Despite the July heatwave, the room was still cool and airy. I don't do the 'Full English' but Jill knocks up a mean beans-on-toast which keeps me happy!

Room Tip: Count yourselves lucky if you are allocated the ground floor family room but don't forget to swi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at Wyedale for two nights 1 and 2 June 2013. I liked the hostess Gill the minute I met her. Gill is a lovely person who will help in any way she can. We had a good chat on my arrival. Gill prepared me an evening meal as I had not eaten much since the day before.

The room I stayed in was the best I that I have ever stayed. Gill adds special touches like beads on the cords for the light switches and shower. The bathroom is big and even has plants.
There was lots of tea, milk, sugar, and biscuits.

The dining room is well appointed. Gill is a crafter and sells her projects with the proceeds going to cancer. Her work adds colour and makes the room bright and cheerful.The breakfast was excellent. Gill made eggs just perfect.

The location is down the road from the park that I could see from my window. Town with lots of places to see is a short walk away.

I would tell everyone to book two or more nights at Wyedale. You will be pleased.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in had a nice view of the park.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Clean, functional B&B with nice, friendly, helpful owner. On the outskirts of Bakewell 5-10 mins walk from centre. Decor not very modern. Disappointed to find no coffee grounds at the bottom of the cafetiere - it was instant coffee!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 days at the end of April and thought this place was great value for money, especially with other BnB's on the same street charging £5 - 10 more per night. Wyedale is situated off the main road in a type of cul-de-sac, and you cannot hear the traffic, although other guests could be heard as we had a ground floor room, but this did not ruin our stay. The house is within a 5 minute walk of open country towards the back of the property, perfect position for a round trip walking to Lathkill Dale which was beautiful. Plenty of pubs and restaurants at reasonable prices a 10 - 15 minute walk away. The room had free WIFI which was appreciated and the breakfasts were enjoyed. Our host was very friendly. Overall, great stay.

Room Tip: Creaking floors made our ground floor room noisier than those up top.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne20015
Reviewed 19 May 2013

From start to finish was very welcoming friendly and nothing was to much trouble the breakfast was probably the best we've had the rooms where very cosy and the bed was really comfy the on-suite was very roomy also shower gel and shampoo supplied aswel as towels we was very impressed and will be returning :)

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We also arrived late and also received such a warm and friendly welcome from the owner, we only planned to spend one night in Bakewell and changed our minds to stay for 5 nights! I can highly recommend Wyedale. Great breakfasts with wide selection of tourist spots to visit suggested by the owner. Room neat and tidy with attention to detail. Thanks for a wonderful visit and for introducing your charming village to us.

Room Tip: No need to look anywhere else to rest your head for the night
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Arrived late on Friday evening to a warm welcome having driven up from Worcester in the snow. Woke the next morning to find heavy snowfall that caused us to cancel walking weekend. Had a marvellous cooked breakfast before borrowing the snow shovel to dig our my car. Gill was very gracious and would only take one nights payment despite having booked for two nights. Would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends