“Delicious cocktails and food with friendly service!”
Review of Arthur's

Arthur's
Ranked #16 of 92 Restaurants in Bakewell
Price range: US$9 - US$51
Description: Arthur's of Bakewell offers a contemporary drinking and dining experience, providing locally sourced food and drinks served with simple style and fresh flavours. Whether it's for a quick drink and some tasty nibbles or to sample our menu with one of our light bites or a full 3 course dinner. We guarantee a warm welcome, personal service and great quality food and drinks.
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

My friends and I visited Arthur’s on a busy Friday night after seeing the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. The Cocktails made were delicious and all our food was cooked to perfection. The staff were friendly and accommodating, we will definitely be back soon!

Thank-you Arthur’s!

2  Thank sheffieldfamily2018

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Scorching hot Thursday evening after travelling for most of the day, looking forward to a good meal with my son and his wife. Arthur’s menu seemed perfect. And to be fair the food was good though not outstanding. However, after sitting for a while I asked the waitress if the air conditioning was working to which she replied it had been turned off as a couple sitting under it had been too cold. They had left but still had not been turned back on. I asked again a little while later as the room had become very hot but waitress then said she couldn’t reach the on/off button! On paying the bill I said that the room had been too hot to which she replied “I can’t turn the sun off”! Seriously poor customer relations. Unfortunately the whole experience was marred by this.

Date of visit: July 2018
Holly A, General Manager at Arthur's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Hi Angiegemmell,

Thank you very much for your review and for joining us at Arthur's, we are very grateful that you chose us!

We are really glad that you enjoyed the food, our chefs work tirelessly to ensure customer satisfaction, which I do believe our other reviews show!

I would like to apologise that you felt the restaurant to be too warm, I completely agree, as I am sure your waitress will too! Thursday was an unbearably hot day, with the temperature in Bakewell reaching 32 Degrees Celsius! As much as we do try to keep the restaurant as cool as possible by keeping both doors open and using the Air Conditioning where we can, it does get rather chilly when sat underneath it, which is why on this occasion it had been turned off!

I do recall that when you entered the restaurant we did offer you a couple of tables that would be cooler, but you voted against them (not a problem) however, perhaps these would have been more suitable considering the heat in the restaurant.

This is by-the-by, as poor customer service is not ever something that we condone or accept. Luckily, I know our staff very well and in this case the waitress in question does not have a rude bone in her body and I feel like her comment which was meant as a light hearted joke, as we are all struggling in the heat, has perhaps been taken in the wrong way. No offence was meant by her comment about the Sun, I believe she was just trying to make light of a situation which none of us can resolve.

I again apologise if you feel this has marred your experience, but hopefully you will give us another chance to prove our other wonderful reviews to be correct!

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We were on holiday in Bakewell and visited Arthurs twice. It is by far and away the best place to eat in Bakewell. Food is superb and the service was much better than elsewhere in the area. Francesca (the waitress) was very attentive and friendly. There is something on the menu for everyone and our 3 teenagers enjoyed it too. Overall definitely would recommend this restaurant and well worth a visit. Thank you.
The Shepherd Family

3  Thank cashgenkdy
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

having spent a few days in the area, this is by far the best restaurant we came across. diverse menu that goes well beyond typical touristy food, good quality, good service, decent prices. id quite happily go again if in the region, in fact it would be my first pick. do yourself a favour and skip the lacklustre food elsewhere which is generally glorified pub grub of low quality.

4  Thank J0nnyAppleseed
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Great modern bistro atmosphere. Food was really well done - better than many London places at half the price. Wide-ranging drinks menu too. Would definitely return. Deserves to do well.

2  Thank Linguist10